Humidity

nicebudz

could someone help me with this.when my lights are off my humidity shoots up to about 80%.would running my out take fan lower this due to pulling in fresh air.or could i use a dehumidifier without drying my plants too guickly;i need some advice.

Hey timmy if I remember correctly you have 40 plants in 60sf floor space. How many fans do you have ventilating your grow room? What are the overall dimensions of your grow room?

80% is definitly too high and you're running the risk of mold, you can plug in the dehumidifier if you have one lying around, with 40 plants in the room, chances of it drying them out are unlikely lol..

dimensions are 11f long x 6f wide x 8ft ceiling.i have two 16 inch wall mount oscillating fans.i am using 8 inch can fan for out take.i have 2 eight inch vents on each end of the room.the can fan is pulling fresh outdoor air thru vents.

Ok remember that when ventilating your growroom you want to move the total capacity of air 3 times per minute as a general rule of thumb. This keeps humidity down, and brings fresh air/co2 to your plants.
11x6x8= 528cf
you want to be able to move 528cf at least 3 times per minute, maybe even more since you have a lotta ladies. What is the cfm rating of your fan?

tmpphpIJTkTh.jpg
580 cfm.is this ok?you sound like u know ur stuff.still having the color issue with the new growth.this is pic was taken last nite.let me know what u think

tmpphpIJTkTh.jpg
580 cfm.is this ok?you sound like u know ur stuff.still having the color issue with the new growth.this is pic was taken last nite.let me know what u think

Haha bro i know a lil trust me lol.. im jus always reading.
but umm nah 580 cfm wont suffice. cfm = cubic feet per minute, for your room you need to move roughly around 1584 cubic feet of air(sheeet thats a lot), a humidifier would definitly help compensate for the ventilation deficiency..
getting a fan that pushes that much air will probably suck up 200-300 watts lol.. jus a heads up

As far as the new growth, it still doesnt look bad to me, my new growth in both of my grows have always been light green and then within a few days they normalize. Look at your other leaves,they are dark green, they're ok to me, if they start turning yellow, or do not attain a normal green color i would be concerned, but for now ur ok

i honestly think a good high powered fan around 1000 cfm and a dehumidifier should be alright

thanx man.do you mean dehumidifier?i will check into upgrading my fan.i just need to keep the noise down.but hey your knowledge is much appreciated.

nah there is a link to dampening noise from inline fans.. im jus lookin for it, ill either post it or PM it to you when i find it

Back
Top Bottom