Humidity problem

everlasting tree

Alright so I’ve been trying to figure this out I’m going to be starting a new grow with a passive intake that will be pulling fresh air from outside
So my question is how would I keep the humidity down during flower while doing this if the humidity outside is above 70%
My thoughts were a powerful dehumidifier but with humid air constantly being brought in I don’t see it working all that well I’m stumped on this subject.

My grow space is around 70sf and I will be running a window a/c unit roughly 10k btu

Any advice would be appreciated

your a/c should dehumidify the air too but running the a/c and having it constantly bring in fresh air will also play havock with your temps and making you a/c ineffictive wont it?

i have a small grow box that i diy build an a/c into it, i have my intake and exhuast fans on timers so that every 30min it flushes the box with fresh air for 5min to get that exchange but atleast the a/c circulates for 30min before introducing ambient rh and temp

check in my signature

your a/c should dehumidify the air too but running the a/c and having it constantly bring in fresh air will also play havock with your temps and making you a/c ineffictive wont it?

i have a small grow box that i diy build an a/c into it, i have my intake and exhuast fans on timers so that every 30min it flushes the box with fresh air for 5min to get that exchange but atleast the a/c circulates for 30min before introducing ambient rh and temp
It will but nowhere near what I would need it to and yeah I try to run a perfect temp/rh Environment
The ac will dehumidify the room to some extent but when your running 10 plants it won’t be able to pull anywhere near enough humidity
But with my air extraction system will be able to drop the humidity to where I need it if I wasn’t pulling in outside air.
I need a way to dehumidify the air before it comes into my grow room

check in my signature

Also awesome diy by the way

But with my air extraction system will be able to drop the humidity to where I need it if I wasn’t pulling in outside air.
I need a way to dehumidify the air before it comes into my grow room
oh damn yes, um maybe cant u build a seperate box that then houses the dehumidfier like the pic?

just an idea

Untitled.jpg

oh damn yes, um maybe cant u build a seperate box that then houses the dehumidfier like the pic?

just an idea

Untitled.jpg
Hmm so pretty much hook up the dehumidifier up to where it pulls air from outside and pushes it into the grow room that would defiantly work as long as the air that’s being pulled into the grow room is where I need the rh to be .
But what kind of dehumidifier does that I can probably drop around 500 on one if needed but I know how expensive they can be

Why pull air from outside? If you need to for some reason. Ok. But why not pull air in from the room the grow room is in?

Skip fresh air intake and use AC that will keep the RH down good enough. Can open the vent in the AC for outside air. AC will pull in outside air run it thru the cooler and filter.
Cool dry fresh air.

A.c. does not pull in fresh air. Recirclates only. Cools the air while pumping it thru the machine.

depending on factors a decent dehumidifier and air movement is often better than ac.
sometimes a couple. we've even run dehums and dry bags which was cheaper and better than ac for us.

what's your ambient temps and rh like ?

edit :

are you exhausting to outside ? pulling intake from the interior is ok, but the biggest gain is always exhaust to outside. if you don't have that going start there. always exhaust to outdoor.

i assumed you were since you were talking about getting intake from outdoor

depending on factors a decent dehumidifier and air movement is often better than ac.
sometimes a couple. we've even run dehums and dry bags which was cheaper and better than ac for us.

what's your ambient temps and rh like ?

edit :

are you exhausting to outside ? pulling intake from the interior is ok, but the biggest gain is always exhaust to outside. if you don't have that going start there. always exhaust to outdoor.

i assumed you were since you were talking about getting
Yeah it’s going to be exhausted outside and I live in Cali these summers are around 115f so the ac will only really be needed on those days
Humidity isn’t a problem during the summer but for winter the weather here is so bipolar
The rh here is roughly 80% everyday

Humidity isn’t a problem during the summer but for winter the weather here is so bipolar
The rh here is roughly 80% everyday

holy crap. i don't know how you deal with that. most conditions i grow in are dry. we're at 30% ambient rh right now.

Probably just gonna have to buy a powerful ass dehumidifier

we ran dry bags on real big grows. they are normally for the livestock industry. they worked great for our purposes. it's more of a commercial app.

Back
Top Bottom