Humidity

BuckRogers

I have a 2 plant tent, Im in the 2nd week of flower'ing and Im not able to keep the humidity below 70rh in the dark period. Does anyone have a cheap, at home type of fix for this? I would be grateful for any and all ideas on the subject.

Yea, that one I've tried. The room stays dark in the evening so I left one of the windows open last night and it still got up to 70rh. It doesnt help that its been raining here for a few days. I just didnt know if there was an 'old wives tail' involving a loaf of bread hung in there or something else equally wierd.

? charcoal, coffee can, holes.... That actually sounds like something Bill Nye would suggest. Thanks Kingme85, I've got all those things and the time to play with it. Ill letchya know how it goes.

ventilation would be a fan to help the plants deal with it better, hard for them to aspirate when it so humid out. A good breeze on them helps. A dehumidifier or AC is the best answer. They are resilient plants none the less... warmer air will hold more moisture than cooler. Pull air thru the space if at all possible. Hard to help much with no knowledge of your setup.

Sorry I have them in a 2'x2'x4' tent, lined with mylar. I do have a 6'' fan in the tent and an exhaust fan set-up. I have 2 windows on the tent, which I've started keeping 1 of them half open, also a 4'' air intake. Which with the window half open doesn't do much obviously. But so far today its at a balmy 71.4 degrees, with a rh of 51%. So my problem is only during its dark periods.

I would recommend closing the the tent up and running only exhaust with a passive intake. Then you are moving air thru the tent. It's about right when you open a door and it sucks in/open.

Where is the tent drawing air from? How big is the exhaust fan?

edit: Let me add, exhaust from the top and intake at the bottom...

You can also use a small dehumidifier or a small space heater. That will drop your RH quickly. But, more ventilation would help.

Well its good to hear I've got that right. Its a 4'' 120v indoor exhaust fan, at the top. And a 4'' intake at the bottom. It looks to be good today and during the night. She's running at 74.5/44%rh

Back
Top Bottom