Hundreds Honk Horns For Medical Marijuana At Rally

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
York, PA - Under a clear blue sky about 40 supporters, several in wheelchairs, held up signs for PA HB 1393; the still-active medical marijuana bill in the Pennsylvania legislature. Hundreds more showed their support by honking car or motorcycle horns, waiving, cheering and stopping by for information on the idyllic spring Saturday.

Chuck Homan is a driven local activist who has been leading a growing crowd of volunteers in public education efforts for PA medical marijuana. Homan has been featured in several news reports for his peaceful marches and protests in Central Pennsylvania; including at the State Capitol. His organization is called The Medical Movement and works with the statewide non-profit group PA4MMJ.

Homan attended the December 2, 2009 House Health and Human Service Committee hearings for HB 1393. Also at the press conference and hearings that day was PA resident Sandie Crue, who lives with multiple sclerosis. Sandie sent in the photo and the following report after attending the rally:

On Saturday March 20th the Medical Movement gathered at George Street & Route 30 in York PA. The weather could not have been more perfect. For the 2010 kick-off to support the educational march of House Bill 1393, Chuck Homan was able to rally 38 people to educate the public.

During the rally, we even had a few people on their way home stop by and joined in and carried signs up and down the road along side the group. The outcry of support was wonderful. It was amazing to see the diversity of support from all age groups: From the young adults just starting their lives to our seniors in the wonderful state of Pennsylvania. On the heart-wrenching side were the people that stopped by to tell their stories of ill family members and friends and why they support PA HB 1393.

Many of those in the public stopped by to get information on what they can do to help get this moving along. Maybe our politicians should come with us to hear and see what their constituents really want first-hand. My saying always has been, “Let my physician choose and not the politicians,” and everyone who I said that to agreed 100%.

The elected Assembly members on the Health & Human Services Committee really need to wake up if they like their jobs. The public wants to know what is holding up the vote for HB 1393 on this committee. Politicians are voted into office to do what the public wants and not what they personally want.

I know that any politician’s stance on medical marijuana will dictate how I vote, along with many of my family members and friends. Please, call your Representatives in Harrisburg you want medical marijuana in Pennsylvania now.
Thank You
Sandie Crue, Seven Valleys PA
Welcome to Medical Movement

11--2010-Kick-off-March-for.jpg

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: examiner.com
Author: Chris Goldstein
Copyright: 2010 Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a Examiner.com
Website: PA: Hundreds honk horns for medical marijuana at rally

• Thanks to MedicalNeed for submitting this article

Back
Top Bottom