Hybrid Harvest

buzcuzz

I have 5 auto hybrids that are 80% Indica, 20% Sativa. 2 of them are approx. 80%cloudy. I know for sativa dominant this would be a great time for a uplifting effect, which is what I would like to do with a coulpe of them and harvest the rest around 50%amber for night smoke. But I guess my question is, can I get a uplifting effect from a indica dominant? If so, when would you guys harvest them? Lastly, would I loose any yield by not waiting till 50%amber? And thanks to all in advance. Any input is greatly appreciated.

If you harvest too early, yes yield and quality will be affected. I almost harvested my first grow ~3 weeks too early but waited on advice from other members here at :420:. I'm glad that I waited because the quality and yield was much improved and I still got a good buzzy heady high from the harvest. Over time, the sativa-like high has diminished a little and the indica-like high has increased but both are still present.

Would anyone happen to know how much of a weight change (if any) on average there is between cloudy and amber trichomes?
I'm sure it would vary from strain to strain, but just looking for average estimates. Thank you.

Not much weight change most likely. If they're already cloudy, they are mature. It may be only a day or so before they start to turn. So, you can harvest according to what effects you want to emphasize as CH has suggested.

Back
Top Bottom