hydro help for a nube

nisson93

ok im starting my first hydro grow and have some questions that i cannot find answers.

ok im useing a box little bigger then the toats u get at walmart for 10bucks but any way i will be running a 100gph submerged pump, a water stone

question 1 if i just let the pump do its job and i rig something up to sprinkle the roots will that be fine or do i need to have a sprayer that drips water from the top of the plant down to the roots that my biggest worrie.

question 2 what is a good water level for say about six plants and how oftten should the water be changed out and new nuts added and along with that what is a good amount of nuts to add in with the water mix i have fox fram three bottle kit with tiger big and one more that i cant think of

question 3 what i understand is that the air rock is to be always on right???
and that the pump is to only run for so long and how long should the pump be running for.

thanks alot guy all help will be thanked

1. You could probably rig something up, but my concern would be when the plants are too small to receive the spray from inside. It would be better for you to add drippers at the top of the pots.

2. I like to keep the water level to about 2" from the bottom of the pots. You will need to give your plants nutes from the very beginning. Soak the rockwool overnight in a very week solution. I would use an eye dropper to add to the water. Adjust the ph to 6.5.

3. Yes leave the air rock on 24/7. Make sure you have adequate air stones for the roots. The more air the better.

As an added tip, I wouldn't put 6 plants into the one container. You will run into problems with space issues. ;-)

man.if your just starting out...go ebb and flow. nute change weekly or bi weekly...get some good meters..ppm and ph..those are goona be your gods now...go to the hydro shop and buy the fitting for the drain and fill ..and next take your 17 gallon or 25 gallon tote...use the pump you have plum that to yhe fill fitting you have and get your self a 4 to 7 inch high plasic tote 2 foot by 3 to 4 feet big..that you can use to put pots in.or in your case 2 liter bottles thaqt have holes in the botom..those are going to be your pots.tape them black.. use coco it will be more giving..plant plants in the pots.pots in the larger tote thats above your water tank.set the timer 15 mins every 4 to 6 hours and your good..

Back
Top Bottom