hydro Q's

fasts102376

hello all... i'm going to try a bubbler hydro set up.. after i mix my water with fretelizer my ph was 5.5 will that be good for flowering? thanks :cheesygrinsmiley:

Stix said:
that's a good starting ph. As the week goes along the ph usually will rise. start at 5.5 and let it rise to 6.3 before bringing it back down to 5.5. different nutes are absorbed at different ph levels between 5.5 - 6.3.
thanks alot stix:adore: do i need to get a ppm tester?

how often should i check the ppm? what should my ppm be? i just put it in flowering.. and what the best way to adjust ppm? thanks...:cheesygrinsmiley:

I check it everyday. It's not as important as the ph. If the ph flucuates out of the optimal range it will cause nute lock out. Which means your plants will not be able to absorb the nutes. PPM is basically the strength of the nutes. You start out with a #ppm as the water evaporates through the week and/or the plants suck up the water your ppm will increase. Once you add fresh water to your resevoir your ppm will get lower. Once you have added 50% of the nute solution in fresh water its time to change the nutes. Alot of ppl including myself change the nutes every week regardless.
As far as what your ppm should be. what nutes are you using?

Stix said:
I check it everyday. It's not as important as the ph. If the ph flucuates out of the optimal range it will cause nute lock out. Which means your plants will not be able to absorb the nutes. PPM is basically the strength of the nutes. You start out with a #ppm as the water evaporates through the week and/or the plants suck up the water your ppm will increase. Once you add fresh water to your resevoir your ppm will get lower. Once you have added 50% of the nute solution in fresh water its time to change the nutes. Alot of ppl including myself change the nutes every week regardless.
As far as what your ppm should be. what nutes are you using?
i'm useing foxfarm..

I use GH nutes. Here's the chart I use. PPM I think should be relatively the same as far as ppm for fox farm too. I'm not sure though. This chart is basically the starting block I use. I may stray a little in regards to making the ppm a little higher.
As for adjusting the ppm. The best way to bring the ppm down is by adding fresh water that has been sitting out for atleast 24 hours to your nute solution. Always let your water sit out before using it.

Stix said:
I use GH nutes. Here's the chart I use. PPM I think should be relatively the same as far as ppm for fox farm too. I'm not sure though. This chart is basically the starting block I use. I may stray a little in regards to making the ppm a little higher.
As for adjusting the ppm. The best way to bring the ppm down is by adding fresh water that has been sitting out for atleast 24 hours to your nute solution. Always let your water sit out before using it.
thanks stix u helped me alot:adore: hhow do i bring the ppm up if i need to?:adore:

hello all.. i bought my ppm tester today and i calibrated it and my ppm was 880.. is that good or bad for the first week of flowering? need help bad so i dont kill my girl... thanks...:peace:

Stix said:
That should be OK. How tall are your plants now?
Remember the golden rule. LESS IS MORE. meaning less nutrient is much better then to much nutrient.
As far as your question about raising your ppm if its to low. All you would do is add more nutrient to your water.
the plant is about 9'' N.L. clone..

what should the ppm be at on the 2nd week of flowering? i have a fox farm chart that says 1190-1330 ppm.. does that seem right? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom