I’ve jarred am I’m curing, but all the sweet smell is gone: will it ever smell like good buds again?

Senorbuzzzzy

So I did everything by the book. I had a great drying experience with really thick buds and I didn’t get any mold. I trimmed them really tight. And I put them in the jars with the Bovita 62% packs. And I just can’t get the smell of sweet weed to come back. I burp the jars twice a day. It’s been three weeks. Am I being impatient or should I just shut up and wait longer. I have not tried it yet (but the kief is excellent). Any positive advice is appreciated. Thank you.

FC0CE411-0696-4914-AFE0-90641570FD9D.jpeg

62AE7657-8F7D-400F-9CFB-9DDD5FE2614D.jpeg

B50242E5-A1BF-4A56-A7D6-D65FA102C1B7.jpeg

And I put them in the jars with the Bovita 62% packs.
What was the RH of the product before you jarred it up?
Here's an article that may help. There may not be anything wrong. Try grinding it up. If the jar has a hay smell when you open it then the chlorophyll is still dissipating.

How long did you hang the buds for drying before you started the jar curing? I usually hang my buds for about a week to two weeks and then start the jar curing. After about a week to two weeks doing the jar curing thing the buds should be smelling sweet. Sometimes I use the Bovida 62% packs in my curing process, and sometimes I found it makes the smoke to damp, and I want it dryer so don't use Bovida. Personal taste.

How long did you hang the buds for drying before you started the jar curing? I usually hang my buds for about a week to two weeks and then start the jar curing. After about a week to two weeks doing the jar curing thing the buds should be smelling sweet. Sometimes I use the Bovida packs in my curing process, and sometimes I found it makes the smoke to damp, and I want it dryer so don't use Bovida. Personal taste.
Hey Dude - yeah, 7-10 days is good for me

So I did everything by the book. I had a great drying experience with really thick buds and I didn’t get any mold. I trimmed them really tight. And I put them in the jars with the Bovita 62% packs. And I just can’t get the smell of sweet weed to come back. I burp the jars twice a day. It’s been three weeks. Am I being impatient or should I just shut up and wait longer. I have not tried it yet (but the kief is excellent). Any positive advice is appreciated. Thank you.

FC0CE411-0696-4914-AFE0-90641570FD9D.jpeg

62AE7657-8F7D-400F-9CFB-9DDD5FE2614D.jpeg

B50242E5-A1BF-4A56-A7D6-D65FA102C1B7.jpeg
Nice BUDS!

How long did you hang the buds for drying before you started the jar curing? I usually hang my buds for about a week to two weeks and then start the jar curing. After about a week to two weeks doing the jar curing thing the buds should be smelling sweet. Sometimes I use the Bovida 62% packs in my curing process, and sometimes I found it makes the smoke to damp, and I want it dryer so don't use Bovida. Personal taste.
7 days hung before a bend and a snap. 2 days in paper bags.I’ll trim again before putting them in jars. RH was 61% when they were hanging.

7 days hung before a bend and a snap. 2 days in paper bags.I’ll trim again before putting them in jars. RH was 61% when they were hanging.
Are they soft but crispy like popcorn or hard on the outside? Did you weigh how much you dried? Smell should eventually come back may just have dried out a little too long. Takes longer to get that back. Depends on the strain, too.

Back
Top Bottom