I have a collection of whatisitism's Please help identify from the pictures.

MrPeab

What is it ism's. A new word?

Please help me identify a few things I encountered tonight in my outdoor grow. I find that I can see better and see smaller items at night with a green light. I just don't know what they are.

First. These little white things are hanging from the leaves and the thing it is hanging from is rigid, it does not bend or fold over when you turn it upside down.
What_is_it1.jpg

Second. These were on the bottom of some leaves, they were actually moving while I held the leave. I wonder if it is an aphid?
What_are_they.jpg

Third. There are areas within the plant, not everywhere but sections where there will be groups of leaves with this multi colored sandpaper feeling stuff on the leave.
whats_this1.jpg

Fourth. I know what this is, it is a lady bug. There are quite a few nestled in the buds I would hope eating the items I showed you in the above photos?
9_10_2012_LadyBa.jpg
ladyb_1.jpg

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Okay the hanging ones are Green Lacewings! Now to find out about the other ones...

The ones on top of the leaves look like the caterpillar eggs that I used to find in our maple tree as a kid. I'm not sure if that's what they are, but it shouldn't matter. I would use some pesticides asap. :peace:

Check out some of the sprays offered by Sierra Natural Science, they are a sponsor on this site I believe and all of their products are made with natural products. The SNS 209 is an all purpose spray for a myriad of insects and uses rosemary as its active agent. Something about how the plant uptakes a small amount of the rosemary into its cell walls and acts as a sort of long term barrier from insects as they hate rosemary. Also lady bugs are a great beneficial insect that just eats all the bugs that damage your plant and leave the MJ alone.

Back
Top Bottom