I-inhale

I take it that "it" means the herb remains. It's a uniform brown. The vape is efficient, as I said in my review on page 5 of this thread. I guess you either didn't read it or didn't believe it, since you need a pic. :rolleyes3

I would like a pic as well. Overall I am very impressed with this little guy but i will say that some buds (even potent ones) don't vape well in this...or at least in mine. Some buds will give vapor hits that almost look like smoke (but it doesn't burn it don't worry) while others you exhale no visible vapor. Likewise, some buds are very brown and crumbly after vaping and others barely look different. The strangest thing is Ive recently aquired a large quantity of one strain that I've been vaping. I always pack the chamber to about the same tightness and when vaping this new bud one day i got huge hits and the next day very small ones. Same strain and amount of bud in the chamber packed and ground the exact same way.

Don't get me wrong this vape is amazing, possibly a minor defect tho. Anyone else notice this?

This product IS well worth the money IMO. As your attorney I'd advise you to buy one.

I think that it works pretty damn well. Although I find that I have to wait a little bit before hitting to get nice vape. I also find that hitting it nice and slow gives you more visible vapor than if you suck the life out of it.

Awesome thing #1: They make statements regarding adherence to ISO and FDA materials. These folks are concerned about your health, and not only in making dollars. MANY vaporizers (Digi-Vape and similar...hehem) use materials that SUPPLY your lungs with extra toxic materials (plasticizers and phthalates from tubing).

WATCH OUT: Whenever ANY hydrocarbon gas (propane, butane, even ethanol) is used to generate heat, it will indeed produce water vapor, but you also produce CO2, the greenhouse gas, and often enough small amounts of CO (poisonous carbon monoxide). So, when you use a gas fuel source you are producing CO2, which in this case you inhale. This unit claims a separate exhaust stream, which is great!

But...once again the claim isn't quite accurate and that's poor business practice. They say:

"...it expels the butane as harmless water vapor through the escape ports located on the port of the unit."

Where is the carbon that they didn't mention? Butane is C4H10. In combustion this happens:
C4H10 + 6.5 O2 -> 5 H2O + 4 CO2 (there are exceptions)

They claim: C4H10 + O2 -> H2O - That is physically impossible. Where is the carbon?

How is this unit catalytic? What is the catalyst? Toxic heavy metals?

They tell you that H2O comes out. Where does the CO2 go? If there is a catalytic scavenger then the scrubber will reach full capacity and require replacement at some point, but there is no mention of these being available. Either the unit produces CO2, a greenhouse gas, or it requires that you periodically disassemble the unit and replace a scrubber at some cost.

Read between the lines.

As for design, well, it's nifty. But keep in mind safety concerns such as this: You have a pressurized cylinder of butane in your face!
Peace.

I'm having trouble filling the precious with butane. Is there a specfic type of butane can i need???It keep sparying everywhere..... but the i-inhale isn't full. At least i assume its not full since the orange light turns on only teh first time after i hit the button a few times. the next time, the gas would just run but no orange light.... the gas sounds very depleted by teh third time and still no orange light. its cooling down at this point.

so bummed...just killed the excitement...hope mine isn't defected. Any help or sharing of any similar experience with this will provide closure. thanks:smokin:

what's happened is your i-inhale is empty and the butane has been replaced with air. All you need to do is lightly push down on the knob where the butane goes in the I-inhale with a small screwdriver or other object that works and let all the air out, once that's done fill it up

yeah i tried that too and unfortunately ...that wasn't it. I had called gotvape.com and they sent me a complimentary butane can that they used for testing in case i just had the wrong valve, since most of the valves are different even slightly cuz they're made in different countries. anyway... that didn't work either. So i am going to send it back and get another one. I did find that i had better luck with the ronson brand butane cans but even they squirted everywhere. I would somehow manage to get a decent amount in after using the entire can. And when it did worked, IT WAS AWESOME! Thats why i'm just going to exchange it for another one. This provided my very first vaping experience. And I love it. I have a feeling though that other portable vape devices will not live up to the quality of this one.I also plan on investing in a more stationary one. \

I bought this today and gave it a shot. So far I have not been able to get a good vap. I turn it on wait 1 minute and start drawing, but I get very very little vapor. I'm actually pretty disappointed to say the least. I used small amounts and large amounts of herb. I even put the hose on it like everyone else is doing as well as remove the filter piece everyone is taking out. The only other thing I know to do is let is sit for a few minutes before drawing on it. I also have a stand alone box, with a broken whip unfortunately, and I am getting no where near the same vapor as the box is. I used temps around 365 to 370 which is about the same as this unit, but again the volume of vapor is no where near the same. I will test again shortly and report results. I am starting to wonder if certain units shipped broken or something.

If the volume doesn't pick up soon, I will be returning or reselling this sucker and going back to the box which would be a real shame since this one is portable and pretty easy to use.

I have a few tips for other users.

First thing you do when you open the box is to depress the fuel nozzle and dump whatever air might be in the fuel chamber. Do not try and put fuel in first or it will only spill out due to lack of pressure. Refill the unit every other time you use it by depressing the nozzle and dumping whatever fuel might be left, first. This device is not fuel efficient to say the least.

Second, remove the filter in the mouth piece and third is to use a foot long hose or longer. I happened to have some computer water cooling hose lying around and it was 3/8 outside diameter and 1/4" inside diameter. With a little work the hose slid on fine. From past experiences if you have trouble with the hose you can dunk the tip of the hose as well as the mouth piece in rubbing alcohol first and that will make it easier to slide into position. The alcohol will evaporate in about 5 minutes leaving the two rubber pieces firmly in place.
Forth, give the unit about 4 minutes to warm up with the herb inside to allow everything to warm up to temperature.

Finally, don't expect this thing to preform to the standards of other vaporizers. I have a plug in model that I can't recall the name of, but its a vary standard unit with a digital temp screen and a dial to change temps. I can adjust from 200 to 400 F. I usually set the box to 370 and I get tons and tons of vapor using herb loads about the same size as the I-inhale. I think the only appeal to this unit is that it's portable, but I don't think the unit is capturing all of the crystals so it is not as efficient in my opinion. The browned herb left over has much more color then the herb from my other vaporizer. I cant even come close to smoking the left over herb from my wall unit, but the spent herb from I-inhale has lots of crystals worth smoking. This begs the question, if I have to smoke the browned herb left over, why the heck am I vaping the stuff to begin with. Keep your money or get another vaporizer, is my opinion.

Send me a PM if you want to purchase a slightly used I-inhale in great condition. lol...

Prodaytrader, Your review upsets me, i was expecting more from that vape. I'm a BiPolar patient. Cannabis treat me better than anti psychotics or even lithium, but I'm getting old and i can't handle smoke as before, so alot of cough. My friend have a Volcano and i love it, but to import that to Brazil would make it triple its price... only if you have a friend traveling to US or Europe, wich is not my case.

So I'm looking for a vaporizer that i could still pay. I love the idea of I-Inhale since its portable and i'll be able to medicate at work(I like .3g-.5g every 3-4h depending on mood n strain), but i want a vape that i could also use at home as my main channel to consume cannabis. Would be naive to assume that I-Inhale could be an all-occasions vaporizer ? Or would be best to get first a desktop vaporizer like Silver Surfer or HotBox(remember, budget) as they produce better results ?

I know that Prodaytrader will not advise me the I-Inhale, but what about the others ? will I fill my expectations with the I-Inhale ?

So I am on a road trip and this has worked very well for me. It is heating up quickly and I get many draws off of a full loose bowl. I am posting pictures but my phone did not shoot the best ones. But, they can give you an idea of how the color of the material is changing.
vape1.jpg

vape2.jpg
These on the right side are the pictures of spent herb from a I-inhale vaporizer. The spent herb looks pretty well used up if you ask me. i doubt my herbalaire could get another bags worth of vapor from it and they advertise 2 bags from any left over herb from any other vaporizer.

Prodaytrader, Maybe your unit is malfunctioning? Have you considered calling or emailing i-inhale with your questions? There might be something your not doing right or are missing in the steps leading up to vaporization. It couldn't hurt to try before you sell a slightly used i-inhale. I myself would love to buy a i-inhale but I got a used playstation 3 this year for xmas. Of course I bought a 2 year waranty to go with it since it's used. The wife would skin me alive if I "again" spent even close to what these vapes cost brand new. She says 10 vaporizers are enough. I disagree. lol

It could be a malfunctioning unit. I noticed that another review had pretty much the same things to say that I did. It made me wonder how the two of us could be getting fairly crappy results when everyone else claims fabulous results. The thing is, how would I know? One thought that did occur to me tonight was that perhaps I wasn't being fair to the measured amount of herb. I shall think of a good way to devise a test to ensure I'm not getting better results because of more herb. I used my desktop unit tonight as I was really frustrated with the I-inhale. I even went as far as to make inquires into selling the new unit to a friend. I just don't think it can preform the same as a bigger unit. Twice I have tugged on the I-inhale (10 minutes??) until my bowl was emptied with not much of an effect to say the least which is why I think it is leaving herb behind.

I wonder if maybe the heater part of the unit is set too low. Since there is no way to increase the temp, I cant adjust it to suit my needs. Using the same temps as the I-inhale is claiming to be using, the herb is much darker from the box unit. I really think they should have included a way to increase the temp as well as give us a digital meter on the side. Maybe I should contact them to see if the unit is set too low.

Nerd_Weed, I think this unit is made for you. Heat it up a full 4 minutes, draw slowly, you will not be disappointed. Practice a bit and you'll learn when its best draws are. You can always take the vape material home and re-heat it in your home box. For on-the-go this unit is a dream come true.

:hippy:

Nerd_Weed, I think this unit is made for you. Heat it up a full 4 minutes, draw slowly, you will not be disappointed. Practice a bit and you'll learn when its best draws are. You can always take the vape material home and re-heat it in your home box. For on-the-go this unit is a dream come true.

:hippy:

I don't have a vaporizer, i only use my friends Volcano when i visit him, so the I-Inhale would be my only vaporizer... and i wan't to stop smoking, only vape.. so i can't re-heat in another vape at home since i don't have one. The mobility o I-Inhale attracts me, but i wanna use it all the time... at work, at the bus, in the street AND MOSTLY AT HOME. Would you still recomend it ?

Prodaytrader said:
I really think they should have included a way to increase the temp
I'm certain that a temp control was considered. But when you consider the size of the unit, the complications from added circuitry, and cost, a thermostat makes more sense. If you got your unit through Vaporstore, I'd contact them and see about getting a replacement. Since you're in the first 30 days of ownership, they may be willing to swap it out for you.

as well as give us a digital meter on the side
With temp control and digital, you're duplicating the features of the VM3, which sells for $450, so there's no way we'll see all that for $250.

Nerd_Weed said:
The mobility o I-Inhale attracts me, but i wanna use it all the time... at work, at the bus, in the street AND MOSTLY AT HOME. Would you still recomend it ?
I don't prefer the inhale for home use, but I do value portability, so if I had no other unit for home use, I'd definitely be happy with this unit as an 'only vape', at least until I could diversify. ;)

Couple of notes-

1- I am very happy with my i-inhale. It's very discreet and efficient. I would recommend it as a stand alone unit, but even more strongly as a supplement to a box unit. Cheap box units are all over the web.
2- I get nice deep vapor hits from it. Not as dense or overwhelming as my box vaporizer, but I can't take my box vaporizer to the Giants game like I did my i-inhale today either...The vapor hits of high-grade materials DO make me cough periodically.
3- I agree that the butane refill can be annoying, but I would prefer that over a slower-heating and capacitance-losing battery. Your tip about allowing all gas to escape the unit before refilling is a good one.
4- I never throw away the duff (spent material) from ANY of my vaporizers... I infuse whatever is left in the material into oil and make brownies or cookies every week or two.
5- Puff. Puff. Pass...

OK well couple updates. My unit is/was working MUCH better. Different strains seem to give different sized hits. My advice is to grind your herb fine, and pack the herb a little but not too much. If you leave it completely loose, you'll see less vapor. I usually use about .25-.3 grams and i get decent vapor kushes for a good 15 minutes.

As for saving up vaped bud and making oil: it works, with tons of spent bud. I save up about a half ounce of vaped bud (mostly 50s) and performed a butane extraction (i find it much quicker and easier to make budder from hash oil than plant matter). Much to my surprise i only ended up with about .1 grams of oil. Compared to the 4 grams I'd yielded from extracting an ounce of mids recently, saving your vaped weed is hardly worth it (at least with this unit).

Unfortunately while trying to remove the heading element/filament/probe I broke the threads that screw the probe into the unit itself. I tried using the tool supplied to unscrew the probe by hand but the angle is such that you can't get much torque into unscrewing it (if you've cleaned it you probably know what I mean). I used a pair of pliers in combination with the tool supplied to loosen the probe. Unfortunately the screw end of it just bent, warped, and broke. Now the heating probe won't screw in and I'm waiting for a response from vaporstore about how to get a replacement through the warranty. I'm guessing It'll need to be repaired by i inhale or a whole new unit will be needed since the screw actually broke of inside the unit. I still don't understand why the screw was stuck and why it broke...374 degrees is not hot enough to melt metal. The sticky resin could've made it stick more but shouldn't have made it break. Prior to this, i'd cleaned the unit many times without a problem and have vaped about a half ounce flawlessly. I'm sure vaporstore will provide great customer service as always...this may be the first time someone has had to use the warranty on here so hopefully there's no catch.

Still definately reccommend the i inhale and vaporstore.

Strange. Mine is pretty damn good. Like everyone says. I would not use this at home unless I did not have my vapor brothers box vaporizer. Not to say the I-Inhale sucks. It's awesome. I just rather save it's use for when I need it. I do use it when I am outside by the pool and stuff. The butane that you put in also affects it. I noticed regular butane can clog it. I have begun to use refined butane and this seems to work great now. Another thing I noticed is mine is a little warped in the area just below the light. It seems to be opening a little so you can see a silvery looking thing under the plastic. This scares me a bit, but it's still working great. I asked the people at I-Inhale and they want me to send it in. I am buying another one for my girlfriend and when I get it I will send them mine in and let you all know how long it takes.:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom