I need a electrician!

The sub-panel isn't lit up? I'm not sure what's going on. Can you explain a little more?

i'm not a electrician but very handy... what exactly are you trying to do ?? are you trying to get power to your grow room?? the ballast itself needs to be on a seprate circuit.. it pulls pretty good amps when starting up. In my set up i'm going to build i'll have the light on a circuit by it self, then 2 more for bubbler/fan/whatever.. so 3 different runs directly back to the box, due to my grow room is in the basement not to far from the box..

if you got pics it would help out

I have a subpanel box with 4-30 amp and 4-20 amp breakers. What size amp wite do I need to juice that box up?
if your plan is to run that panel at its capacity, we looking at 200 amps of power, that's industrial. think that works out to about 24kw in 120v and 48kw in 240v.

if you are seriously playing with those kind of numbers then you really do need an electrician, one mistake there and you aint going home to the wife.

if your plan is to run that panel at its capacity, we looking at 200 amps of power, that's industrial. think that works out to about 24kw in 120v and 48kw in 240v.

if you are seriously playing with those kind of numbers then you really do need an electrician, one mistake there and you aint going home to the wife.

I agree, my whole house runs on a 200 amp main panel.

I'm a electrician with 30+ yrs of residential and commercial wiring experience. Your electric panel is most likely a 60 or 100 amp panel(assuming it's a small residential panel) it's rating should be located on the door or face of panel as well as the type of breaker it accepts. You can use Aluminum wire to feed the panel just use 4 wire cable also. if it's going to be a long run of cable from panel to panel you may need to up the wire size to accommodate voltage drop( I need to know length of run and amps/volts it will carry to know proper wire size). also remember the neutral must be isolated from the ground at the sub panel but not at the main panel(assuming you have a main panel, not all homes have main panels somtimes they have a disconnect switch at the meter) also when in your main panel even after you turn off the main the wires feeding it are still hot, thus dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom