I need help for pre harvest tips

No ur right im jus so used to not dealin with em becuz I always dress diatom earth and use bt. But for an easy check get sum yellow sticky cards in the garden center. Then use the above tx. If strapped 4 cash cut a potato in half and push it into the soil a day later check it out. If its infested you know. Cheap tx 3% hydro peroxide mixed 1:4 wont hurt the goods butll repel the gnats. Also I see see pythium then im onto em it comes from their feet
What he said ^ .

ignore whatever the breeder says, 8 weeks is reserved for certain strains and most hybrids are 10+ week growers. You have surprisingly green leaves and some burned tips which leads me to ask what kind of medium are they growing in? These are still 2+ weeks away and you'll be looking for amber trichomes to determine readiness.

I just used an organic soil, I don't really know what's in it

Yea I was thinking flush because of those tips. He didnt say how he set up the soil. But it looks like plenty of guano to me. So I thought it might be a good idea to wash as much away from the tap root as possible

I didn't set up my soil, I just got an organic soil but I don't really know what's in it

Burnt leaf tips don't always mean nutrient burn, especially if you're using all organics and haven't been feeding with the watering at all.

It can also be down to having the lights too close, using too much light (that happens more with LEDs though) or fungus gnats.
In fact they're the one to check for first - I've had them a lot (feckin soil) and the first time, having burnt leaf tips, I flushed. They got so, so much worse and then, about a week after there were clouds of the little bastards swarming about my tent.
What happens is their maggots eat the plant's roots and that causes leaves to die off. The only way to manage the problem is to water as little as possible as they can't live in dry soil. It's a balancing act but it's necessary.

Now obviously I'm not saying "dude, that's see deffo gnats" but, from my bad experiences, if you're in soil it's worth shaking your pots to see if anyone flies up. It's point one on the checklist, only because attempting to fix other issues can make this one so much worse.

Yeah that's actually what I do, I'll only water them one time every week and just let them dry up

Also you might be interested in learning about composting. Its a golden skill to have as a gardener. Imagine building your own super soil. Id suggest reading into it. Your plants will thank you.

Back
Top Bottom