I NEED HELP PLEASE(pics included)

pericvictory

ok well 1st of this is my 1st grow of strawberryhaze in a aquafarm,& yumbolt47 in soil,under a 600w lamp.every thing was going well untill monday! wich was the start of week 5 into flower.then i seen these little fuckers
ST833847.JPG

i think they are spring tails? as they jump all over the place like fleas ,this pic was taken in the run off water.they are only in the soil plant.what do u guys think?springtails or not? and would my hydro setup be at risk?then a couple of days ago i noticed this
ST833854.JPG
now i dont know what has caused this.this is in the soil plant again not the hydro.its not on the main cola but on like only 4 of the lower buds heres another 1
ST833849.JPG
a friend had said it could be the lamp being to close but the main cola is great looking.and finaly yesterday some of the leaves on the yumbolt which is in soil look like this
ST833850.JPG
what could this be?as i say im a total noob when it comes to all this .but u guys have done a lot more grows than me and i would like your advice please.is it possable that all these things are linked to the same thing?the pH in the soils run of is about 5.7 ish and the E.C is like 0.8 please help me.also this is the strawberry haze which is in the hydro setup and doing fine(i hope ) heres a pic
ST833856.JPG
if anything the pistols look a lot thiner than on the yumbolt ,but that hasnt worryed me yet.any help would be great :thanks:

It looks like you have thrips.....
Thrips
Thrips are really tiny, but can be seen by the naked eye. Some may have wings and some may not. Thrips reproduce rapidly, especially in tight places. That is what makes them hard to get rid of when using pesticides. The suck the sap right out of your plant with there piercing mouths, which makes the leaves look like they turned white. You can tell when you have thrips by taking a look at your leaves, the leaves will look as if there chlorophyll have been ripped right off the plant. Plants that are damaged can't be healed thus making it harder for the plant to absorb light. SO if left untreated the thrips will kill the plants. Damage also can be seen by the greenish black specks of there poop they leave on leaves. Also the plants will show silver patchs from scar tissue. Depending on the severity at first, thrip damage might look like spider mite damage untill it increases in damage and then thrips case is for sure when you see the greenness replace with big parts of white.

One good way to repel thrips for those growing outside is to use garlic, this is a good way to keep them away before you get them. The color yellow attracts the thrips and should be advised not to have this color around your grow.. If you already have them using neem oil, and or lady bugs can get rid of them. If the infestation is bad then you need to use biological solution like, pyrethrin-like insecticides. Picture 8 shows thrips damage.
Other Products include:
Chemicals
Hot Pepper Wax,Safer Yard & Garden Insecticide (which can be used right to the day of harvest),GNATROL( used in hydro in the water as well as soil),Doc's Neem Pest Soap,Safer Sticky Stakes,TR-11000 Pyrethrum.

Check this out... Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

It looks more like a nymph stage of development... whatever bug it is. You are taking great photo's- can you get a side shot kind-of exposing the belly, but a side shot of the belly. What I'm looking for is a small appendage, almost a hook like arm. It should be rather distinct as if these are springtails, the underside "arm" is what they use to hop. They can go some 6" into the air. BTW, I've had thrips too & they can also hop. However, in the adult stage they have a more tan/beige/brownish color... maybe some gray in there too.

The springtails aren't causing any real problem for you except that they will reproduce like crazy & get everywhere. They look like soil lice, eventually crawling all around the pot edges & sides. A nuisance indeed, but no direct harm to the plant. Indirectly they can be vectors for disease but this is highly unlikely. They can also eat any & all of the beneficials in your soil, if even using them. They are very, very hard to get rid of. They tend to just laugh at neem oil & it is tough to get all them with any application of anything. They die with pyrethrum, insecticidal soap & hort oil. The toughest part is getting all of them otherwise the pop explodes in another 2 weeks.

Beneficially, they tend to eat soil pathogens & decaying plant matter. I haven't seen any evidence of them sucking on the roots. They may crawl on the plants, but do not eat/suck. They need the soil for moisture/survival.

The second to last pic with the leaf spot is very likely fungal, though bacterial is a poss. I'm thinking you also have very high humidity and/or the plants crowded. The pistil die back could very well be the first infection of botrytis, which is very, very, very bad. Pistil die back could also be from over nuting/foliaring, too much direct air flow, and/or damaged from rubbing. The fourth is fungal. Check the humidity to under 50, pref under 40 during flow. Increase air flow & spacing & direct light.

Best brah!

hey dude thanks for reply.last nite i give the yumbolt some soapy water seemed to kill alot of them they just sank and i watched them all drown HA! ill get more photos later on of beastys as ive just noticed a few survivers .ive just been in and niped of all yellow and bad lookin leaves,give them some epsom salts and a little extra veg,they have both been gettin less rather than more food as i havnt burnt them yet and was advised not to have food stronger than e.c 1.8 for the haze plant.the pistils im kinda worryed about now since youve meantioned the dreaded (B) word :( .but i was foliar feedin just water trying to rise humidity in grow room as it never gets over 50 it usely stays around 25/30 ,mainly cuz my extracter is on alot latly cuz of good weather.also i checked pH of yumbolts run off from soapy water ppm 900,pH 4,7(woo thats very low)i will amend that to nite,what should i raise the pH to in next feed water?:thanks::passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom