I need help with my first grow - please

Rawson99

hi 420ers :? I'm growing an easy sativa outside in the u.k. its growing really quicky and im really happy with it but the bottom leaves (fully established ones) are yellowing and starting to die. we have had pretty bad weather (rain/low sunlight) for the past week so perhaps its that, but i dont think so. can somebody take a look at my pics and tell me what you think? thanks.

IMAG0040_1_.jpg
IMAG0039_1_.jpg
IMAG0038_1_.jpg

Re: I need help with my first grow. please.

Hello Rawson

Let me welcome you to :420:

First - some administrative details. This site does not allow you to link to pictures stored on other servers. You must upload them to your gallery and then add a link to your post. This helps to ensure that the site doesn't become a rat's nest of dead links. There is a thread which details exactly how to upload and post your pictures here: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

From the pictures that you posted, it definitely is not normal. There could be several reasons why this is happening - but the most likely is a nitrogen deficiency.

What type of feeding schedule have you been following? What type of nutrients are you using?

The answer to these two questions will allow us to see if it is truly a deficiency or something else.

ok thanks. i will make sure that i follow those procedures in future. thanks for your reply.

I am placing some pre metered tomato feed into it. it comes in a bottle you place into the soil, and i'm also using miraclegrow soil. i believe (from the packaging) that it comes pre loaded with nutrients to help plants grow.

The new leaves are growing still, really quickly. and from other pictures i've looked at i think they look really healthy. could the amount of rain that we have had washed nutrients from the soil. i also believe it could be getting a little big for the pot, could that be a factor in the dying leaves?

Yes, lots of rain will wash plant available nitrogen out of the soil. Similar to a flush.

I have used Miracle Gro to good effect. Many on here will claim that it is not good for the plants. I don't really know what the truth of the matter is... but it works for me.

If the pot is too small, the plant will become root bound and stop growing. That doesn't sound like the issue.

can you suggest what i should do? buy food high in nitrogen and mix it with the water? can those leaves be saved?

Hi Rawson :)

How old is she?

The leafdropping is ok, they do that.

Bend her over, so the lower parts get some sunshine too :)

IMAG0038_1_.jpg

Stop doing that tomato feeder thing.

Get an organic fertilizer and feed her weak doses

Or pee into her pot :)

hey man, i think buying some fertiliser is a better option than pissing on it. haha its about 6 weeks old now, is it growing ok? the top leaves look real nice to me, are they indicating nitrogen deficiency as well? I am real proud of her, I was genuinely upset when i found her leaves like this earlier.

Do not underestimate the power of the pee :)

Urine: the ultimate 'organic' fertiliser? - Green Living - The Ecologist

During a pee, a healthy adult will release 11g nitrogen/urea, 1g phosphorus/super-phosphate and 2.5g potassium. Patrick Makhosi, a soil scientist with Uganda's Kawanda Agricultural Research Organisation, confirms the efficacy of human urine as a fertiliser. He says that applying urine to growing vegetables once every week for at least two months will more than double the yield.

The lightness around the edges of the leaves could indicate a nitrogen deficiency, but depending on the ph of your water and what was in the tomato thingys, something may have locked out something else.

test the ph of your water and take the tomato thingys out.

Keep being proud of her :)

:xmas:

Yeah I will defiantly start doing a log, does that kind of thing live in the 420 lounge?

I've seen some pictures of some scarily big plants on here, I would have serious difficulty in concealing anything over 3 ft tall in central London.

I will get her some fertiliser in the morning, is there any brands I should look out for or any function that it should advertise?

Listen, if you keep using tap water in London, it's gonna up your PH big time as it's around 8-8.5. Drop the PH with lemon juice or vinegar and don't overdo your fertilizer. Buy PH meter, in London it's necessary!

Listen, if you keep using tap water in London, it's gonna up your PH big time as it's around 8-8.5. Drop the PH with lemon juice or vinegar and don't overdo your fertilizer. Buy PH meter, in London it's necessary!

Wow, 8 to 8.5 is very high. Not doubting you either - when I was in London the water WAS terrible.

This is what I would call local knowledge that really matters... +reps.

Yeah, man. I'm telling you, I lost almost all my seedlings due to this fucked up London PH before I moved to another country... if not counting these ones eaten by my cat :D The only saved one was Vanilla Kush, which I didn't even try as I had to leave it to my friend, who finished the flowering :) In some places you just really need to control every detail!

Ok, I need to get serious with this, I have bought some generic fertiliser and guessed at adjusting the ph with some seriously diluted vinegar and the leaves are seriously yellowing on the tips. I will upload some more pics later on today. I have really upset it, hopefully you guys can rescue her.

Go back to basics. your doing to much, just water ph 6.8 for about two weeks.
I'm guessing your giving to much fertilizer. Let your soil dry out before watering.
See how that goes.

ciao rawson compra un terriccio specifico con PHgia stabilizzato cosi non hai il problema del PH poi procurati un fertilizzante per la crescita BIOLOGICO mi raccomando + un fertilizzante per la fioritura BIOLOGICO QUANDO BAGNI LE PIANTE usa solo acqua piovana quando fa caldo copri il vaso con la yuta e tienila umida cosi il vaso non si surriscalda per i prodotti ti consiglio una ditta olandese

ciao rawson compra un terriccio specifico con PHgia stabilizzato cosi non hai il problema del PH poi procurati un fertilizzante per la crescita BIOLOGICO mi raccomando + un fertilizzante per la fioritura BIOLOGICO QUANDO BAGNI LE PIANTE usa solo acqua piovana quando fa caldo copri il vaso con la yuta e tienila umida cosi il vaso non si surriscalda per i prodotti ti consiglio una ditta olandese

Non penso proprio che ti abbiano capito :)
Perchè non scrivi in inglese? Questo è un forum americano, quindi la lingua principale se non l'unica è l'inglese :)

ciao conradino l inglese nonlo so molto penso sarebbe incomprensibile uguale peccato a sto punto meglio che non scrivo piu sul forum ho avuto gli stessi problemi anche ieri ciao amico e grazie

Hey, go to the store and get citrus. Squeeze a bit of citrus into you watering. (lightly, not flavoring the water with it, but more-so just an acidic pinch to the water.)

Do not add fertilizer, just get a bigger base pot and put in some nice soil, get her put in there and you have just added the nutes you need for the next 2 weeks.

Then only citrus water every 3-4 watering.

Back
Top Bottom