I need help

andrewgod

ight i got 5 white widow plants and its been a cupple weeks abotu 4 now and there still really small there just in soil and i water them every 2 to 3 days and use a very weak fertilizer and i want to know what to do there under a grow lght that has 75 watts of power there all in a storage tub that has been tin foliled the inside and i jave no clue of what to do and i really want it to turn out good plz suggest

if that is an incandesant grow light they suck am assuming a big rubbermaid tote container this help receipe includes more lights CFLS at least 2 and better air and container color

get 2 or more 65 watt CFL shop lights [usually labeled equivelant to 300 watt reg bulb ]

get 2 porcelin light sockets [sp] and a board to mount them to
1x 6 shelf board wire and a plug if you can't DIY wiring get 2 clamp on light holders at walmart etc hang light to be 6inches or a little less above the plants in the bin plug both light into a 1to 3 tap and plug into timer
those 2 65 watt cfl should put out about 5000 lumens each so you will wave plenty of light

your container tote bin ? paint the inside with flat white paint
reflects almost as well as new mylar and less aging/upkeep reflection loss...

get a couple computer fans and a 12 volt dc power supply
and some wire red/black

cut a hole in two opposite sides your bin and wire fans in one pushing air in one pulling air out crafty pipe cleaners are able to hold your fan to the plastic [ make holes with a hot nail and pliers for pipe cleaners]

from you description this will give you fresh air [o2 & co2]
much more light [ideal is somewhere around 3000-6000 lumens for every square foot of floor space]

better container interior color and maintenance and less heat retention than foil put a thermometer in the the bin and check middle of light cycle and middle of dark time
good temps are 55-60 - 80 deg F most folks think idealis 68 deg good old standard temp and pressure from chemistry class

don't over water and move to bigger pots when roots come out bottom and or plant seems to stall on growing for a while no new tips etc in more than 10 days or so

basic needs of plants are light air water food [most dirt has food enough for a month or so even in small pots]
figure out light by adding lumen numbers on light bulbs package
for CFLs assume that number is ballpark of 75 % of package at 6 inches from plant [ i did not pull that number out of my ass but light falloff /inverse square formula is confusing and i have done games with german handheld lightmeters and rulers for both CFLs and MH/HPS bulbs]

if a candle wavers or the leaves vibrate in wind you air flow is plenty and those vibrating stalks leaves are like pushups for your plant light stress strengthens

temps self explanatory people and plants pretty much like the same temps

i hope this makes sense to you and you understand why some of these are being changed in my reccomendations

by the way regular CFLs or flouros actually give more usable light than grow bulbs for the money for plants....

Back
Top Bottom