I need some help identifiying a cheese plant, can anyone help? Pics included.

girlsrus

First grow so very much a noob.

I was given 4 plants, 3 weeks into veg but i cannot find anything on the strain. I was told it was BLB Cheese but i have never heard of it and there is nothing on google. Originally i was told i had Physcosis! Then i was told i had this BLB, gutted isnt the word for it. I spent many a lost weekend sitting in a convoy on the road to nowhere with Exodus and remember Phycosis very well!

Anyway, this is the near final result of this BLB and i dont know what it is. It has the most amazing lemon smell and when i tested a bit 2 weeks ago it tasted like lemon and sage strains. It had a real earthy taste and was very smooth. Obviously it wasnt very strong but i got a quick short high from it. Now it has been on the 12/12 cycle for nearly 10 weeks and i wondered if anyone had any ideas. All the way through it has not had a dank green smell but a fresh ready to smoke lemon smell. It smells like its been dried already.

The plants were going to be tall mo matter what i did to them. They each have about 5 main colas, could be more, and they are solid. They havnt got many orange hairs, still loads of white ones. The thrichs are mostly clear still. One plant is very short though and may be different. It didnt do the big stretch for some reason and isnt as heavily loaded but still looks very decent. I havnt put up any pics of that one.

Looking forward to hearing different opinions as i have no clue about what plant does what.

20120810_072259-2.png

20121016_195921.png

20121016_195801.png

:thumb:

I thought i might be but it was worth a try. Someone may have heard of BLB, its a big place the internet. :)
I took a pic this morning, its looking lovely. Lots more hairs going red/brown now.

One thing that has puzzled me. When i grew i outside a few years back i found it easy to see the trichs but on these which are in a tent i find it hard to find them. They are there but i cannot see them unless i push the lighted scope into the bud a bit. Is this normal? I wondered if it was because the bud is very dense whereas outside they were very loose. I imagined they would be all over the bud as they look very crystally.

The white hairs stick to the end of the scope but i aint complaining and the top buds are mostly over a foot tall :eek:

Anyway, its cheese under 600w hps and nearly 10 weeks and taking forever to be ready, still mostly clear trichs, :(

Depending on the strain and the type (sativa or indica) The trichcomes vary in size and even shape.

Boy ten weeks and it still looks like at least 2-3 weeks more to go lol. Cool

I thought you could tell by the leaves and grow habit if it was Indica or sativa. 3 of my 4 shot up very fast but they are the same plant. The trichs look skinnyish compared to the Ice i grew outside, they still have the balls on the end so all is good.This is my first grow and very stealth so i cant ask any real people advise.

I am starting to let myself get a tiny bit excited now..... It is mine to keep, its not business, just pleasure :)

I started using just water on Sunday as they stopped drinking suddenly. They are drinking again now and i am hoping to get 2 weeks with just water before i harvest. The leaves were very green so there should be enough nutes in the leaves to keep them growing. I am not going to flush as i was using BioBiz nutes.

I was expecting the plant to be done now as its cheese. I get confused as they are nearly 10 weeks since i flipped the lights but they didnt start flowering for a week/10 days later. What is the correct way of counting the days?

I would be really grateful if i could find weather its Sativa as i know this can take a lot longer to flower.

feeding the plants with only water IS flushing.

Days are more a guideline then set rules for flowering times. Just harvest when they are ready is the best advice to give ya.

I got a OG Kush thats on week 11 or something and it still has a bit to go. A Chem D in same light only took about 8 weeks.

feeding the plants with only water IS flushing.

Days are more a guideline then set rules for flowering times. Just harvest when they are ready is the best advice to give ya.

I got a OG Kush thats on week 11 or something and it still has a bit to go. A Chem D in same light only took about 8 weeks.

I am going to disagree with you there................i think, for now. Flushing is when you pour water into the top of the soil pots and run a few gallons through so there are no nutes left behind, like when you have over fed. I am leaving the soil and letting the plants use the nutes hanging around by just giving water in the bottom of the pot. I am not getting rid of the nutes i am allowing the plants to take what they need more naturally. I know everyone has different opinions but i dont think i am frlushing.

I am growing in Plagron soil and using organic nutes, can i still get a salt problem?
I have read a lot of stuff and the more experienced growers recommend a 2 week watering only schedule before harvesting. I know its different with hydro.
Now i am confused all over again lol

How do people grow ganja and not even know what the processes they use. How do you not know what flushing is? No one can just look at a plant and tell which strain it is. BLB Cheese? That sounds like a really made up name unless you know someone who breeds strains. While your picture does moderately resemble a Cheese plant (bursting top cola, reaching calyxes) it also resembles many members of the Jack family-Jack Herer/Critical Jack. My point is that do some research before you ask wild questions that will do nothing but piss people who have already spent the time do research and field research. The only way to know for sure which plant you are growing is to see the seed come out of a packet.

Why do people like you think they know it all? Many people grow and dont know what exactly they are growing, nothing wrong with that. Sometimes thats the gamble you take.
I threw my post out there in case there was someone that might know something, maybe even heard of the plant.

As for flushing, do you not put the water into the top of the pot and drain it out of the bottom? Do you not give at least double the pot size in water until the medium runs clear? FLUSHING?

And the watering. Do you not water plants from the bottom? Do you only give them what they need? Is this what i am doing, yes?

If you read my post before spouting off about things you are wrong about you would know i was told i had been given something else. It was only later that i was told different. What would you do, abandon your grow after weeks of growing or keep going because you have a nice looking crop? The later i expect. This is a forum to ask questions and gain information not for keyboard warriors. Very childish using a new username to slate me. :bravo:

This is my first grow and i think i have done pretty well considering i did everything on my own.

What have you achieved apart from being a fool? :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom