I Need Your Help My Plants Are Too Big!

Re: I Need Your Help My Plants Are Too Big!!!

No problem tye a cord to the top under the cola pull it down a bit each day a bit more soon it will be growing horizontly with same or better growth.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Cola is that big bud at the top with all the buds just below it trying to grow into it to make a bigger Cola, the point is just tie the cord lower so cola can grow. when one trains to grow side wise the cola will continue to grow up but since one tied the next part side wise it won't be so tall, I've heard of growing in a 2' high crawl space by growing horizontally>

naturalhi is 100% right.

Some growers prefer to grow horizontally because then the plant gets far better light distribution throughout the foliage.

u should jus put the florecent as close as possible with out burning ur plant that will keep it short n bushy

:cheesygrinsmiley:lets bend growem til they crunches:laughtwo:

growem said:
these are amazingly tough plants-if needed you can just squeeze the stem till it "crunches" and bend it over-it slows growth a little but it develops a hard knuckle at the joint and STAYS bent-gives the secondary sites more chance to develop as well so theres no loss
ARE YOU JOKEING? OR HAVE YOU DONE THIS?
AND IF YOU HAVE. DID YOU PUT ANY THING ON THE OPEN WOUND, LIKE SAP WAX AND TAPE? OR JUST LEAVE IT OPEN?
YOU ARE 100% RIGHT, THEY ARE TOUGH PLANTS BUT I WOULD BE WORRYED ABOUT DISEASE,GRAY MOLD, STEAM ROT.

FOR ME.. I LIKE TIEING AND A SLOWLEY BENDING.
I JUST HADE TO DO THIS TO THE 420 TIMES CROSS THAT IM SHOWING IN MY JOURNAL.. IT GREW 3 FEET TALLER THAN THE OTHER PLANTS UNDER THE SAME LIGHTS. SO I HAD TO BEND IT, SO THE LIGHTS WOULD WORK FOR ALL THE PLANTS

For those wondering about training a plant for limited height restrictions, I have a 13 wk old plant that's been flowering for 2 wks. I began tying the main two tops at 8 wks, and is only 10" tall at this time. I'm training it to follow the same circumference as the 2 1/2 gallon pot rim. Like SexyVexy states, the light distribution (CFL) is more evenly dispersed since all the tops are of similar height. I haven't 'crunched' any branches, just slowly bending them as they grow. Check out the photos in my member gallery, see what you think.

One other thing. Not wanting to tie strings to the branches, or now, on a flowering cola to keep from touching any of the new, delicate growth, I fashioned small hooks from paper clips. The 'hooks' were then attached to fleece covered pipe cleaners (availablle at most craft stores). I burned off the fleece to reduce the over all mass of the pipe cleaner so the fleece wouldn't pick up any resins. Hope this helps.

OldSkoool

Old skool, seems like alot of extra work bending and burning when you can walk into any garden shop and and buy as many rolls of plant tyewire as you can carry out.

Yeah Nat'ch, but not near as much fun makin my own, plus you'd have to insert, hang, or mount sump'in to tie them too, with the wire centers, I merely have to hook the branch, or cola, then wrap the wire under the base of the rim. Plus I like the fuzzy green fleece.

Back
Top Bottom