I salute all of ya! i just made my first g-box :) any advice is welcome! thanks!

RastaJack

Ive got my self : 3xOriginal Amnesia fem.(Dinafem) and
1xSuper Silver Haze fem.(Green House Seeds)
prefabricated growing box (Cultibox 160cmx80cmx80cm )with next settup:

Lights : SYLVANIA clear HPS Sodium 250w grolux
Vent : 1. TT125 inline mixed flow fan 220-280m3/h for exporting hot air with carbone filter on it
2. Vents 100 vko 105m3/h used for fresh air input
3. small house vent for air circulation and CO2 dispersing
Medium: Soil Janeco Light-Mix with perlite inside
Fertiliz : BioBizz *Root-Juice
*Bio-Grow
*Bio-Bloom
*Top-Max
*Bio-Heaven
*Alg-A-Mic
*for now i am feeding my plants with less then half of recomended and doing it like this
i feed them once then i give them only water next two times , since my pots now are
small and dehidrate fast i am watering 2 times a day ( wich i am not sure is right to do )
early in the morning and late in the evening i always get sure that first few inches of soil
are well dry.
CO2 : i am using a home made CO2 system with two bottles (Shugar, Dry yeast, water)
and i am adding CO2 tabs directly to the feeding solution(H2O+fertilizers+CO2)

temp : temp in box is going from 17°c at night ( which is the lowest reading ive got) all the way
to 31°c in the morning time usually (wich is the highest reading ive got) the day time
temperature is from 24°c-28°c.
Humidity: i am having probs with keeping humidity up , it is usually from 32% to 45% varying
during the day, during the night it gets a bit higher 55% so i am using humidificator
every now and then.
PHP(H2O) : 7.5-8.0 which i am not shure that is ok... :/ (I keep the water in a plastic 50 l tank so it gets
chlorine free and its php value is 8.0, though the water i took from the kitchen has value of 7.5..not shure
what should i do ...
Light -Vent program-- I keep 20h of light 4 hours of dark,
Big fan that exports hot air is running every hour off and on,
the little one that gets the fresh air in is running 24/24
The air circulation fan is going on and of with the lights.
Keeping passive air intakes open all the time (they are
protected with micro net filter so nothing comes in)
Pots size : 23cm dept, 25cm diameter (Is this good ? cause i am still in 2nd week of veg period and
all of my plants are still in small size pots till i get them to 20 cm tall or something
then i will transplant them in the big ones ( the ones i mentioned above)
i will post some Photos of my plants and box settup , sorry for typos and my gramatics english is not my first language i wait for any advice or anything that can help me grow beautifull healthy plants THANKS!!

Re: I salute all of ya!!! i just made my first g-box :) any advice is welcome!thnx!

Hey welcome to the forum! I just joined myself and these folks have been great to me.
You're spot on in putting alot of thought into your setup. I would say now just get em going and see how they react.
I congratulate you on working on the rig first. I am assuming that since you are using centigrade as your temp measurement that
you are also giving us metric units on your grow box size. Is that correct? I wouldn't worry too much about the CO2 system yet until you see how the plants react starting off. Remember that small plants mean small transpiration rates. Let them get up and growing
see your results. I have done a three car garage grow with 15 1000 watt HPS lights and we didn't even begin with the CO2
until late in the game. I am not saying that you shouldn't try it later but with that kind of ventilation you should be circulating enough to give them what they need. Best of luck! There are a ton of really experienced folks on here that can answer any thing you come up against.

Re: I salute all of ya!!! i just made my first g-box :) any advice is welcome!thnx!

Hi RastaJack.

Welcome to 420 Magazine! :welcome:

Excited for you and your grow journey. Everything sounds great except for the PH of your water. On the days with no nutrients added, you might try adding a little vinegar or lemon juice to bring it down to around 6.5+/-. Adding nutrients should bring your PH down a little but you might check the PH again after mixing in the nutrients. Your always aiming for a PH in the range of 6.3 to 6.8.

Obviously we can't know your specifics but watering twice a day seems like a little much also. Your girls are going to be much happier being a little on the dry side rather than a too wet.

Have you, or would you, consider creating a journal so we could follow along and help with any issues that arise?

Be well, happy growing and again - :welcome: to :420:.

Yes that is corect my grow box sixe was in metric units , i have corected it in the post now aswell i am sorry i forgot to do that at first :), and about transpiration rates i dont know much yet, did you mean taht by geting in fresh air and geting out old one i give a seedlings enough elements in the air ?, since i dont invest much in co2 atm i prefer keeping it if it doesnt do any harm to plants what do you say ?
i have alot of questions right now about lots of basic stuff, but i woldnt let my self be anoying in the start , for now i can thank you for your post and for nice welcome you gave me thanks bro , lots of luck with your garage it seems to be a huge project :D at least in my eyes :D salutes!!!!

Thanks for welcoming me TanR, and ofc thanks for your advice i will check on the PHP value of my nutrients mixed with water, then if needed i will try and put some vinegar in it, dunno how much i should put though ? :p some advices bout that ? :) and about watering yeah i tought it was wrong ... i was afraid not to dry them off to much since they are 13th day of vegetation period now. I dont know much bout seedlings needs i know they love more humidity , they dont like to much light ( though i keep them under the 250whp lamp since they got out of the ground, with the lamp almost 3 feet away from the plants ) now i keep them like 1.2 feet away from the light and it seems they dont mind it . i do doubt about the healt of one of my plants it looks much smaler then the other two and has first big leafs bent down forsome time now , but new leafs are still geting out but more in bushie way with almost no space betveen nods, thats not the situation with other two , i will be very gratefull if you check up on those photos and tell me if they have need of something diferent that i am giving them THANKS ALOT for evverything i finaly feel like i am at home, among the people that belive in what i belive ! About a Journal , i would be happy to try and do it , but i lack info bout how to do it and what i should do , so i will have to check up on other journals and see if i can do it :D thanks again and salutes to you and the 420 magazine team !!! /respect for ya guys

Hey don't worry about annoying anyone we all want you to be sucessful in taking care of yourself.
All plants have stomataon the underside of their leaves. Think of them as little pores or openings. On the edge of these stomates are guard cells that open and close the stomata as needed base upon growing conditions. The stomata allow for the release of oxygen and the adsorbtion of CO2. They also regulate transpiration or the release of water throught the leaves. the guard cells swell when the plant has excess water and open the stomata until the plant reaches the proper water level for active photosynthesis. Then as they shrink the stomata closes. They then can open again to release oxygen and to take in the CO2 needed for photosynthesis.When a plant dries out the guard cells shrink to close the stomata and conserve water. Isn't God clever to have developed all of these marvelous parts of every living organism. But after all of this technical talk means this..... Small plants with few leaves do not transpire or respire enough to make the addition of CO2 at this stage really worth the effort. Plants fully vegged mean more leaves and more stomata which means mre transpiration and more respiration. Also TanR is correct it is much better to run your plants on the drier side for 2 basic reasons. The first is when roots are drier what do they do? Well, they gorw our searching for water. More roots early mean more buds later. remember the roots are storing all of that photosynthetic energy for use by the plant during senescence or flowering. Secondly overly moist soil is a great place for pathogens harmful to the plant to grow. Moisture and darkness is where most of the things harmful to plants like to dwell.
Hey......WAKE UP.....I'm sure I have bored you to death with all of this technical mumbo jumbo. you are probably thinking " Man I wish I had never asked this guy a stinking thing!" But I sincerely hop I have helped give you a better understanding of how it all works. I remember I had an old horticulture Prof that said , 'It's is fortunate for us that all things in the plant world want to live and reproduce or nothing we do would matter at all!"

RastaJack,

I agree with uptheholler that we just want to be of assistance in helping you achieve success.

It sounds like you have a pretty good handle on watching the plants to determine what they like and don't like. I couldn't find any photos attached to your profile, so here is a link on how to upload and resize your photos. Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Here is a link on how to start a journal if you so choose. How to Make a Grow Journal

As far as lowering the PH of your water with vinegar or lemon juice, I can only suggest to add a little at a time and rechecking the PH after each dose.

Uhmmm, now i see much better the needs of my girlls, that was ALOT OF HELP mate, i will try and corect my ways , and i will follow them change and react on everythinng i do , there is always something to learn , and i am hungry of knowledge since i know so little about this, it feels nice that i will have suport if any problem arives, so thanks once more guys , i will go and try once again to upload photos of everything i have here alot fo good luck to you two !!! i will have more questions !!! ;)

Hiya, RastaJack :ciao:
Just wanted to throw out another welcome to :420:

I hope you find it as warm and welcoming as I did.

I, too, recommend a grow journal. They're great for keeping track of your grow (I use mine for my own reference as much as I do for getting feedback and advice).

Have a great day!

these are some photos of my garden and stuff

Nice clean setup RastaJack! I think your plants look fine other than the slight overwatering we've discussed. Let me dry out for a couple of days they will be fine.

Thank you very much Dresney i really aprethiate that you all the aothers are making me feel just like at home, ill see what i can do bout Journal, ,by then i hope my box will evolute in to something better :D salutes from RastaJack !!! ps.ill post some PhoTos of little S.S.Haze when it gets a little bigger :)

Owh one more question , when should i change regime of light from 20 to 12h stimulating them to flower ? when they reach certain size or should i allready start with that on the end of the 3rd week or sumething? heartly yours RastaJack!

The short answer is you can change the lighting schedule any time you want.

The longer answer is that they aren't going to flower until they reach sexual maturity. You will know it is happening for your plant when it begins to grow hair - wait, that speech is for the kids... when the branches begin to grow in alternating patterns as opposed to opposite each other. You may also begin to see pre-flowers at this time.

You certainly have plenty of room to let them get considerably larger. Are you familiar with growing in a SCROG manner and would you consider it? I'm thinking that with only a 250 watt light you aren't going to get the deep penetration of the canopy and a SCROG would allow you let the plants get a little larger and still achieve the canopy penetration for a larger harvest.

Here is a decent description of SCROG in case your unfamiliar.What is SCROG - Screen of Green?

Yeah Scrog is what i was to do , i am still to see how to do it with 4 plants in the box, it should be interesting i am sure, you think i should get more light, maybe some cfl like suport or maybe i should exchange this one for the 400w hps with self cooling system ? :D i mean to make as much as posible with this box, want to equip it so it can produce its maximum without exagerating. i am willing to invest if i know that i have a good thing in my hands :D thanks again mate, ill be informing you about progress.

RastaJack,

I have to confess that I'm a fan of "more is better" when it comes to lighting for our plants. However, the light you have is about right for your tent so I'm hesitant to suggest you change anything. I will offer though that one of my biggest regrets is not buying a self cooling hood when I purchased my equipment. It's winter for me now so it's not as big a problem, but I really struggle with the heat from light the rest of the year. At this time I don't plan on doing anything about the hood as I plan on switching to LED lights in the near future.

I'll watch for your journal if you decide to start one.

Be well and happy growing!

Ok then ill try and go on with this settup eventhough we are bout the same person when speaking of "more is better" ,the fact is that all i do and all i want is to give best possible to my girlls and i dont care hiw much it costs :) big salute to you my friend ! Thanks for your effort i really aprithiate it !

Nice to meet you Rasta Jack! :ganjamon:

Welcome to 420, and best of luck with your grow. Some great people here to help you. :)

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom