I screwed up my new seedlings - that normally doesn't happen

How much h2o2 you would add to seedlings in 3%

I water my cubes with Osmosis Water so no chlorine
I do not use H2O2 except when doing a bud washing.

Several years ago I used the cubes as part of an experiment when I was looking for methods of getting cuttings to grow roots faster and not on how to get seeds to sprout so really cannot help help with how much 3% Hydrogen Peroxide to use.

When I did use the cubes I would have watered them with chlorinated tap water or rain water and not worried about it.

When I do want to start plants from seeds I put them in small containers of the same soil I am using for mature plants. I make sure the soil is moist, not wet. After putting the seed in and pushing a pinch or two of soil over it I will water with a teaspoon or so of water just to help settle the soil over the seed.

When I do want to start plants from seeds I put them in small containers of the same soil I am using for mature plants.
I do something similar but use a mix of old soil and compost in case the regular soil is too hot for the emerging seedling.

3 of 5 Germ i hope 1 minimum will also crack need 4 Plant's but it's only Day 2

IMG_20231008_213746.jpg
IMG_20231008_213810.jpg
IMG_20231008_213730.jpg

Moisture Level looks good will save this in my Head so never again any art of the wet for the Seeds!

Hi, the pre leafs won't to open up any idea this fix from alone ore she need help? I try to open up ore looking for any seed cast that hang there but isn't it's glue together.

IMG_20231010_174024.jpg
IMG_20231010_174024.jpg
IMG_20231010_174018.jpg

Guys the Tap Root from the yung Seedlings drying off because the Root coming down the cube. Normaly today i want to transplant in 1l Airpots but sadly the parcel with Airpots are coming tomoror... That's another reason not using the cubes the Seedling Root will outgrow the Cube very quick

If it's just the tip of the root that's dying? If so, no big issue as the roots will self prune if exposed to dry air. It'll just grow more new roots upstream on that same root.

As Roy said, just give them some time. Are your temps good? Warm enough?

Do not worry so much. Do what Roy said and give them a chance to grow.

And what Azimuth said about the roots will adapt and start to grow side roots so if the tip has grown all the way to the bottom of the cube it will not matter.

Normaly today i want to transplant in 1l Airpots but sadly the parcel with Airpots are coming tomoror... That's another reason not using the cubes the Seedling Root will outgrow the Cube very quick
That is not a good idea. Sit back and relax. Keep those cubes where they are for several days. Let the roots grow. Let the true leaves start to show. Then once you know that they are doing good you can transplant the cube with the plant into the new 1 liter pots.

If it's just the tip of the root that's dying? If so, no big issue as the roots will self prune if exposed to dry air. It'll just grow more new roots upstream on that same root.

As Roy said, just give them some time. Are your temps good? Warm enough?
Yeah the tip of the root maybe 1-2cm

Yeah the tip of the root maybe 1-2cm
Yeah, not an issue. I start my seeds for my veggie gardens in net cups which are used in hydroponics. They have vertical slits all along the sides and bottom of the pots. When the roots grow out to the edges they air prune themselves as the root tip dries out and causing much denser root growth in the rest of the pot.

I agree with @SmokingWings and just let them be for a few days. They'll settle in, the roots will fill out and that will drive the top growth. But, if you keep handling them, especially this early, you could stunt the seedlings and set them back.

Good morning :goodjob:

I am Happy with my New 1 Liter Superroot Airpots <3 bought it yesterday and transparent them. I know you not recommend it just let them Grow but i don't think it's a problem i always did this not waiting to long.

Feeding them with Rhizotonic and litte bit a&b

IMG_20231012_101903.jpg
IMG_20231012_101855.jpg

I agree with @SmokingWings and just let them be for a few days. They'll settle in, the roots will fill out and that will drive the top growth. But, if you keep handling them, especially this early, you could stunt the seedlings and set them back.
And one thing I see people mention happening is that they break a root or a stem. Then the plant will still be alive but it just stops growing and never recovers, especially with root damage. Then the stunting is permanent.

And one thing I see people mention happening is that they break a root or a stem. Then the plant will still be alive but it just stops growing and never recovers, especially with root damage. Then the stunting is permanent.
I hope that's not the case my my Seedlings

Back
Top Bottom