I think I have a deficiency

Ghostkillar33

Hey does anyone know what this is? I have some yellowing on the ridges of my leaves on just 1 of my plants the others are fine I'm using the same nutrients and amount thought it was calmag soni have her some organic blackstrap molaasses yesterday I dont know how long it takes to clear up or even it is a calmag def if anyone knows and could tell me..how to fix it would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 20200617_160526.jpg
    20200617_160526.jpg
    852.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 20200617_160538.jpg
    20200617_160538.jpg
    608.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 20200617_160554.jpg
    20200617_160554.jpg
    647.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 20200617_160606.jpg
    20200617_160606.jpg
    728.4 KB · Views: 79
The first thing I notice is that Coco it looks dry? Going to need more information to get help. Please have a look in my signature and there is a link how to ask for gro support. You'll get much better responses if you supply the required information.

The first thing I notice is that Coco it looks dry? Going to need more information to get help. Please have a look in my signature and there is a link how to ask for gro support. You'll get much better responses if you supply the required information.
I just watered them this morning I water them at least twice a day

I took a quick look it says magnesium yellows on the outside of the leaves I might have to buy dome calmag a buddy if mine said the same thing but I always like to reach out on 420mag thanks for your help

Doesn't look like magnesium to me. I don't have a crystal ball so unless you give more info we are just guessing.

Doesn't look like magnesium to me. I don't have a crystal ball so unless you give more info we are just guessing.

I'm using coco with gaia green fertilizer and they dont need their next feeding for like 5 days it's slow released soni know it's not nitrogen burn and I know there

I'm using coco with gaia green fertilizer and they dont need their next feeding for like 5 days it's slow released soni know it's not nitrogen burn and I know there
I'm am ph to 6.5 I thought it might be a ph problem but it's only 1 of my 8 affected I re calibrated my ph pen and it wasn't off

Mr. Canuck style grow by chance? I had a friend do the same style with similar issues. She ended up giving up on that style of growing. I believe it’s an issue of using dry amendments in coco. Here’s her post, Help: Cause of issue and correction as you can see nobody really gave her any advice besides basically telling her it’s wrong and she’s set up to fail, which isn’t right for people to do around here.

I’ll call my friend today and see what she ended up doing to fix it because her plants look healthy and beautiful now, but like I said I don’t think she is doing the Canuck style grow anymore.

I'm no coco grower but I do know you need to feed every day with Coco there is no nutrients in it at all. You should go here the Coco section and ask for advice there. that way you will be getting replies from people that are actively growing in Coco.

Correct. You feed coco every single time, and at least 3x/day. Every 4-6 hours would be good. You can't over water coco.

The pH should be 5.5-6.5, and coco also needs calmag.

I believe it’s an issue of using dry amendments in coco.

Most likely the root issue, yes. Compounded by lack of feeding in 6-8 hour intervals, and other minor details.

Coco is hydro, not soil, and treating it as soil (like using time release crap) is an easy way to bust grow after grow.

I did hear back from my friend and this is what she had told me what she did after going back and watching more of this Mr. Canuck fellas videos, “I watered heavy for 2 days, til the bottom of my bags were moist to the touch but not draining. Then I watered with a tablespoon of nonsulfured molasses on day 3. Then day 6, I ammended as planned. Now I water heavy like mentioned above. Let my pots get light then water with molasses. Every 3 days I do molasses with my water. I seem to be back on track. Tonight I ammended with my down to earth bloom and mixed in some organic castings in each pot, 1/2 cup per pot. Then watered heavy.” Her plants look much better now.
B1756838-D28D-4603-A7AE-9DC03B3AFCCD.jpeg

I will point out she is also new to this and I have no idea what all she said meant. Haha It seems to be working for her now but this does sound like a common issue with this Canuck style grow. She did say after she finishes this grow she will be either switching to soil or staying with coco but feeding nutrients with her waterings and not dry amendments.

I hope this helps you out.

Back
Top Bottom