I have a k issue

ieatzombies

I have done a lot of major research I believe I have a k deficiency. I am doing all organic but my problem is I lost my job I have no cash at all is there any homemade remedies that you that anyone has used and seen results. also if anyone has a homemade pesticide that works ?

I hear you, man :)
Easy to do actually, just add some wood ash!
Just don't go overboard with it if it's a small plant.
Sprinkle two-three spoons on the top of the soil and then flush it with water.
Alternatively you might mix it with water and bring ph down by adding your own urine.
You're gonna see first effects after 3-5 days.
Good luck and post photos!

also if anyone has a homemade pesticide that works ?

If you smoke tobacco or you can get some, the most effective homemade pesticide is a tobacco juice. you make it by boiling some tobacco for 10-15 minutes and then diluting it with water. It works miracles although many organic growers prefer not to use it. Another option is chilli & garlic spray, but does shit outdoor unfortunately :(

Banana's are pretty rich with K - potassium.

As mention above wood ash is pretty good but only use in small dosage as large quanities can be harmful more likely be quicker acting in release of nutrients also !

Some banana skin fertilizer ideas...

Heat Induced Composting

Lay your organic banana peels skin-side down onto a flat baking tray or baking pan.

Roast your banana peels at 176 degrees C or allow them to roast as you cook other meals in the oven. Cook the peels until the become crispy but not burnt. Remove from the oven.

Break your banana peels into small pieces by hand. Place the banana peel into a sealed plastic container or glass jar for storage.

Scatter the banana peel pieces around your plants or mix into soil as fertiliser.

Other Methods

Slice your banana peels into small pieces and mix them in with the soil in your garden. The composting process will take place naturally and deliver the nutrients from your banana peels to your plants.

Place your cut up banana peels into a plastic container or glass jar and fill it with water. Cover and allow to ferment for several weeks. The resulting rotted mixture will be ideal fertiliser.

Blend your banana peel slices with water on a high setting. Use the resulting purée as liquid fertiliser in your garden.

I use banana peel water as a light fertilizer during vegging. It's a cool thing to start with. Then I add sugar and let them ferment with some bacteria in a jar until they're melty :) That goes to a potting mix, which is used for flowering.

hey thanks guys for all the knowledge. have either one of you heard of a dandylion tea? i know it rich in K but have you guys heard of anyone trying it?

Nope, never heard of it :(

hey thanks guys for all the knowledge. have either one of you heard of a dandylion tea? i know it rich in K but have you guys heard of anyone trying it?

I can not say i have to be honest & even after a quick search on the internet... dandelion coffee yes but little info on dandelions fertilizer i'm afraid at the moment which i may require to refine my search efforts !

Nettles & comfrey are another option for making tea with, you may wish to add molasse to the mixture to aid fermenation the process :thumb:

Yep, stinging nettle tea/infusion/liquid is an amazing thing for vegging. It does miracles to all leafy plants. I feed my 3 plants with it and they all respond very positively. I have a shitty Afghani pheno, which started dying after a week from breaking the ground and now it's stable and ready for flowering. I grow monster tomatoes, green peppers and zucchini with it too. It contains all microelements for which you'd have to fork out pile of cash otherwise getting commercial organic nutrients. Consider adding it to your weekly feeding. Aaa I mix my nettle with horsetail and add a dead lizard as I have a plenty of them here :)

So i have some indonesian bat guano that i use during flowering its 0.5 13 0.2 o dont want to ovrer dose on p would it be to much of a risk to use now even tho its only. 2 k?

If you mix it with your soil it will be just fine, but don't go into flowering before you fix your K deficiency as this is very important nutrient used for creating bud structure. This should be considered important. In late flowering your plant will also need moderate amount od Mg and Ca.

I have always made a tea what is the steps to adding to the soil andd should i do it right before i water or let it set in the soil for a bit then water?

Add about 10-15% to your soil mix and let it sit for couple of days on fresh air. I'd start using guano teas in 2nd maybe even 3rd week of flowering and only if your plant doesn't use soil nutrients in a visible way, but it's up to you really.

Back
Top Bottom