I think my home grown is making me sick

You can do a spore test. Instructions are on YouTube.
It's cheap but semi difficult. But if done properly you can determine if you have a problem.
There are a lot of spores that are invisible and very bad for you when inhaled.
Number one reason why I dry my weed under UV light.
You can also grind your weed up or cut into small buds and hit it with UV for 24 hours. That will kill anything growing on it you can't see. Worth a small test batch imho.

420-magazine-mobile1377029300.jpg
420-magazine-mobile54040659.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1572854407.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1198794822.jpg

You need to flush with soil just like any other thing
I'm using using amended "super soil". there is no need to flush because the fertilizer is immediately available to the plant as the plant food is fully incorporated into the soil via the worm castings and other amendments such as green sand, kelp meal, bone meal, blood meal, a couple dashes of hard wood ash when flowering begins.

I'm using using amended "super soil". there is no need to flush because the fertilizer is immediately available to the plant as the plant food is fully incorporated into the soil via the worm castings and other amendments such as green sand, kelp meal, bone meal, blood meal, a couple dashes of hard wood ash when flowering begins.

Hey. You stole my recipe . Lol.

They're very small. But when they run out of things to compost they often leave the soil. They become very visible against a black Grow tent.
They were the beneficial type. I bought them at the garden shop.

Why hardwood hash during flower ?!

Ok I'm totally lost on this one.

this bud never showed signs of any mold and the room was well ventilated. Rh always below 45 for flowering.
now that it is harvested the smoke is literally making me sick, a 101 fever, lung crushing cough and unable to breath right away (like when you can't catch the cough from coughing too much, but this symptom occurs right after inhaling). the bud was hung up to dry for 4 days at 55%Rh in the grow room. snapped some stems then I stored it in washed food jars and burped daily. never have i noticed any sign of moisture in the jar or any smell that was unusual during curing. the grinded bud was the slightest bit damp the first two days into curing but that changed in a couple days of burping. but after two or three weeks of daily burping and sampling, the smoke is all of a sudden making me Ill. the potency has also suffered greatly. after 20 days is time that I got the symptoms.

so just to run it down, I have 8 jars of loosely placed buds which have NO visible mold, NO complications during flower regarding pests, mold, or growth; and they're covered in trichome sugar. and I can't smoke ANY of it. I'm baffled! nothing i have found on the Internet matches every I'm experiencing with this grow.

PLEASE HELP!

This can only happen from your body getting sick of the fertilizer that your buds have soaked in.
It basically builds up in your system until your body tells you it can't take it anymore.

Always flush your plants at least 14-10 days before chop, if you are using a chemical fertilizer.
Always feed with plain water 14-7 days before chop if you are growing organic.

The only solution for you right now is to filter the smoke trough carbon, it gets rid of any impurities.
So you either empty a Kent brand cig. and fill it up with weed (it has a carbon filter) or drop an activated charcoal tab in your bong before smoking.

Good luck and stay healthy.

This can only happen from your body getting sick of the fertilizer that your buds have soaked in.
It basically builds up in your system until your body tells you it can't take it anymore.

Always flush your plants at least 14-10 days before chop, if you are using a chemical fertilizer.
Always feed with plain water 14-7 days before chop if you are growing organic.

The only solution for you right now is to filter the smoke trough carbon, it gets rid of any impurities.
So you either empty a Kent brand cig. and fill it up with weed (it has a carbon filter) or drop an activated charcoal tab in your bong before smoking.

Good luck and stay healthy.

Utter bullshit. Many commercial growers don't flush. Their weed doesn't taste as good, but it doesn't make you sick.

Didn't read the whole thread but is it possible the thread starter was getting sick and smoking harsh pot intensified the symptoms?
yes. the buds were very harsh after drying but it became evident that I was incubating the flu. one day in a paper sac and another week of burping made the bud tolerable and a couple weeks cure made it pretty decent. thanks for all the beneficial feedback.

PS I never tried the activated carbon bath. I can't attest to its credibility.

Back
Top Bottom