i want a co-op

Thumper812

Ok, here is my situation, I am an epileptic living in Indiana. I keep thinking about moving to a medical marijuana state (Oregon and Michigan in particular) but I don't know anyone who lives in such a state that could help me out with getting situated in totally new city. Nor do I have any family or friends that are willing and able to move. I would consider moving to another state on my own but frankly, I'm scared shitless.

1. I draw a disability check each month. Its not much but I can manage. If I moved to another state my payments may change to meet the cost of living. So income is taken care of but I would have to live cheaply.

2. Being epileptic means that I don't drive. So a city or town with great public transportation is a must.

3. I need to live cheaply but I am NOT going to live in a gang infested neighborhood. I need to know where to stay away from. I guess that's the big thing. I don't want to get shot because I wore the wrong color.

4. I of course would want to live in a town with a great medical marijuana scene. music, theater, artsy crap

:theband:

AFAIK, your not going to find much gang activity in OR. Most gang activity is highly exaggerated/glorified by the media anyways. Here in CA I have no problems visiting oakland, richmond and hunters point...besides its the white hommies I see in Mendo/Humboldt with a swastika tattoo an confederate flag on their jeep that really scare me...

Portland has the best public transpo of any US city by a long shot. its almost like europe!

confederate flags kinda scare me too Snow Bender. Its not uncommon to see a few confederate flags on peoples trucks around here.

Re: my problems

Oakland, CA might be cool if it didn't cost so much to live there. What is the average apartment that alows pets cost?

I really love portland...its a downtown area...but near the Rose Quarter there r some nice neighborhoods...and a FEW reasonable rentals in some of the cute older bldgs. Tha max rulz and the mmj community is reported to b very nice??/

Sounds like you would be into Ashland Oregon... I live about 90 miles from there and... I have live there in past times. It's a college town and also a big Ski town, they are also famous for the Oregon Shakespearian Festival, lots of big name talent do gigs there... they also have about every type of crowd you could want to be into!

Someone recently posted a 420-friendly apartment search site. (Was it 420?) That may help you with your search. Agree that it can be helpful to check into costs of living before making a move. Add to housing costs, all utilities, transportation costs/methods, FOOD costs, any extra optional utility costs (telephone, internet, cable television or any possible extra taxes/fees if you are a satellite television customer), et cetera.

Great Thrread I live in an MMJ State and dream of moving to the West Coast.
It would be great to check out the west coast from Vancouver BC, to Seatle, Portland, the Redwood and Shasta forests, all the way down to L.A. and see where I would want to live.
You gotta make a road trip and check it out with a buddy or if you have to yourself. That is the best way of determining what you dislike and like about anything. The members here at 420Mag will steer you right.
+Rep to all :nicethread:

Back
Top Bottom