If pot was legal

dagothaulak

If pot were to be made legal in the United States, would it be just like tobacco? Forget Amsterdam and the way pot is bought there, would major corporations own all the market for marijuana? Would we all buy Camel joints? Would the corporations add shit in our weed that makes it more hazardous?

Would the joints be filtered? Would we have a choice between a pack of J's or a tin of "pipe weed"? Would we still worry so much about wasting and conserving? Lastly, how would the smoking sections be regulated since there would be two types of smoke?

Discuss, now. :smokin3:

i think if pot became legal ud see nurserys selling the plants.. everyone would have a marijuana garden on their window sill. I know I wouldnt be paying for something that grew in my room.

If corporations owned the marijuana trade, I'd highly doubt growing would be legal.

yea.. even though it would be legal there would still be a drug war against those who grew still. We will always find ways to waste more money.

If MJ were legal and owned my major corporations, there would still be competition between companies. I think that we would have a large choice when buying it. We could get it filtered or unfiltered, with additives or pure, etc etc.

And I bet it would be legal to grow (as it already is in some places if you are a med user) as long as you had a licence, and grew under a certain amount.

Pot being legalized wouldn't be like cigarettes. It would catch on like a wild fire. Sold in every store (with a liscense).And I bet ya that they can't inforce a plant as illegal but not it's substance. Like allowing ketchup but banning tomatoes. My house would become a sea of green and a cloud of white.:grinjoint:

stoner_123 said:
All the drug dealers would be pissed off lol
No, they could stay in business, They could start a home business :)

WEll, if they can grow. Though I would personally either be growing for my use or for the home business thing.

The big reason lawmakers haven't caved to popular opinion about marijuana is because people would grow their own. Its much easier with a higher yield than tobacco, so companies wouldn't compete with home grow-ops and the government would make no money.

it's not like you can smoke the same weed for months and still get high... therefore you would go around to all the growers in your area and circulate on their weed... or grow a bunch for yourself... not one person would get all the business... tobacco's not worth growing... but SO many people love growing bud... corporations wouldn't be able to take over.

if pot was legal, do you think it would be leagal to smoke in PUBLIC or just at home? I mean atleast the tobacco laws (no public place indoor smoking) would apply, im sure there would be alot of people catching a buzz involuntarily otherwise from second hand smoke if everyone always smoked in public

If weed was legal the potency would be AMAZING. There would be research teams for the corporations to find the best strains, make them better, and possibly find other checmicals that would work with the THC (positive or negativ, that's up to opinion).

dagothaulak said:
If weed was legal the potency would be AMAZING. There would be research teams for the corporations to find the best strains, make them better, and possibly find other checmicals that would work with the THC (positive or negativ, that's up to opinion).

i think the potency would be restricted to a low percentage, the governments way of making it so people cant get too stoned

The Highness said:
if pot was legal, do you think it would be leagal to smoke in PUBLIC or just at home? I mean atleast the tobacco laws (no public place indoor smoking) would apply, im sure there would be alot of people catching a buzz involuntarily otherwise from second hand smoke if everyone always smoked in public

I know right now in California for medical users you can't smoke within so many feet of a building (like tobacco) but you also can't smoke withing 1000 ft. of a school unless inside a private residence, inside an operating vehical (like alcohol) or in a school bus. HA. That's funny they added that. It's not like you can smoke anything in any kind of bus. But you can legally smoke walking down the street or at the beach, or whatever. The only catch is, it's not federally legal, but you can get the gist of the kinds of laws they might have.

It think that it would go both ways. If it were to be legalized major corporations would spring up everywhere. As well as existing companies wanting a piece of the incredible large profit to be made. the good and the bad would arise from the fact that since there would be so much competition they would each push to make the dankest strains possible, but the real money lies in keeping a customer coming back so i think that no matter what they might say, they will add other things to make it more potent but also addictive. I also think that prices would change drastically. the same way you can shop around different suppliers and get a good ass deal would not happen ever. you would have to pay whatever they ask unless you grow yourself, and who would want to grow for themselves when you can just go down the street and pick up some dub with the eggs and milk.

With legalization would come all sorts of ludicrous regulations. I mean... what if the legal blazing age was made 21? alot of people would be chill but most would be fucked.

Honestly it would be much better if it was legalized cause then new and improved pipes and vaps could be made, and would make smoking not as bad for you, that would cut back on a lot of negatives. And look at how many different strains there are, the government would eat that right up and would categorize everything and make it specific for what you wanted, ahh but only if it was legal...

:peace: "If life was wonderful, then everyone would be content, with a J in one hand and a bag of chips in the other, but course we all live strong in this one, with a beer on one hand and a baseball bat in another, go figure...":peace: (me myself and the little green fairy):laughtwo:

Good points, legalization would strengthen the economy, relax the population and lessen the amount of people who turn to hard drugs (if you can get pot anywhere why go through so much hassle for anything else?). However lets take a look at the negatives; legalization wouldn't be very good for dealers, the price of marijuana would probably go up not down, "munchie" type foods would go up in price, and the obesity rate would increase.

What do you guys think about that? Discuss.

I could do without the obesity. I don't see the price getting any higher I won't buy it as it is, if you guys like paying those high prices they're gonna keep raising it back off. If it gets too expensive start buying mexi or start growing. Bud prices are out of control! Why is it that the only plant in the world that can compete with the price of gold is illegal?

If pot was legal, I wouldn't want many restrictions. I would want to be able to smoke in public. Same rules as cigarettes, don't smoke pot where you shouldn't smoke cigarettes. Also, no driving while high. Those rules I can handle. Yes, pot gets you high, but you don't act like a slobbering moron when you're high. That's why people should be able to smoke in public. In fact, if they only allowed people to vape weed, then there should be no age limit, because if you vape there's absolutley nothing wrong with marijuana. I can only imagine the day when I can walk up to a cop in public and light a blunt right in front of him and he can't so shit. Pot being legalized would make the United States a far better place.

InYourEndo said:
from what i have heard from more than one informed person... phillipe morris the tobacco company already has the government patents and rights to the marijuana cigarette market. so that incase it ever does become legal, they get to make all the money... those corperate bastards.... i think legalization is a long while off but also way overdue. i would love if everyone was high all the time.. i could deal with people alot better, everyone would be calm and not rude and just chill. i hope im alive for that day.

endo
You can't patent a plant... maybe names like "White Widow" and stuff.
All I know is that if it did ever become like the tobacco industry, I would just buy from companies that grow organically etc. I'm sure there would be a niche market, seeing as many hippies/stoners already buy from the organic niche market.

Back
Top Bottom