if you were robbed? what legal advice would there be

Zenmaster

if you were robbed and say they were caught how far can you pursue them? how much punishment can the law inforce? what can the person do to make sure it dont happen again ? how far does the law go in this situation ? any thoughts ideas or suggestions ?

Re: if you were robbed ? what legal advice would there be

you cant do much be be safe get some security cameras and dont let ppl know where you live and/or operate

The legal system simply isn't going to help you when you're breaking the law.
Imagine if a robber could sue a bank because while he was robbing the bank, he slipped on a wet spot and broke something.
Until legalization, the legal system will not assist you in any way. The common term for this concept is the "Dirty Hands" concept.

Cheers!

Well... there you roam into a grey area. There is a disconnect in the US caused by the state's rights to govern themselves. If the state and fed differ on the rules, their reactions will differ as well. For instance... if a state policeman sees you growing, and it's a legal grow according to the state laws, you should be fine. However, if a fed agent (DEA or any other federally funded organization) will react and kick your ass. Oddly enough, the fed agency that wants to kick your ass may use the state agency resources to assist in the ass kicking.

It's an odd situation when there is a difference between the two legal organization's rules. There are words in the constitution that seem to address the situation deferring to the local organization's rules, but there seems to be allot of wiggle room in most of those statements. I'm often frustrated by how the original ideas and concepts have been so twisted over the years... but that's another rant.

To sum up, it depends who wants to get you. If it's legal in your city and state, and the feds don't get word of it, or it isn't important enough to them, you should be fine.

It's a strange situation... of wonder if the end times of prohibition felt the same way.

Oh... yea.... I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night... I have no real legal experience.

Cheers

lmfao at the holiday inn thing that was funny and there really is nobody after the grower except the idiot cr^^khead robbers i was just wondering if you could like sue em or sumthin cause they robbed the grower and got caught

Well... there you roam into a grey area. There is a disconnect in the US caused by the state's rights to govern themselves. If the state and fed differ on the rules, their reactions will differ as well. For instance... if a state policeman sees you growing, and it's a legal grow according to the state laws, you should be fine. However, if a fed agent (DEA or any other federally funded organization) will react and kick your ass. Oddly enough, the fed agency that wants to kick your ass may use the state agency resources to assist in the ass kicking.

It's an odd situation when there is a difference between the two legal organization's rules. There are words in the Constitution that seem to address the situation deferring to the local organization's rules, but there seems to be allot of wiggle room in most of those statements. I'm often frustrated by how the original ideas and concepts have been so twisted over the years...

What there seems to be... is a government that is plainly ignoring its own most basic laws that serve as the foundation for the nation it governs. And once that happens, said government's right to rule by anything other than force of arms is automatically null and void.

Many such governments have come and gone in various nations around the world; some have been installed against the will of the people of those nations by our government (and that says something right there).

It seems like sooner or later, most of those governments face a revolution - or are toppled by a coup.

lmfao at the holiday inn thing that was funny and there really is nobody after the grower except the idiot cr&&khead robbers i was just wondering if you could like sue em or sumthin cause they robbed the grower and got caught

If it's a legal grow, treat it like being the victim of any other robbery under the same conditions. In other words, the stolen items are long gone. Look for the lights and such in local pawn shops but as you called them cr^^kheads I'd guess that they traded those $300 lights for $10 or $20 rocks and that they have gone to someone's basement and are in use. And since they've been caught, prosecuted(?), and there is a paper trail it becomes problematic to seek restitution from the guilty parties. That's why some would argue that the victim of a burglary is ahead to deal with it himself. In that hypothetical scenario, your grower could have recovered his property (or equal value if they had burned the MJ and traded off the equipment) by now.

After all, even cr**kheads will expend a little effort to avoid multiple broken bones.

EDIT: Is the grower insured? I don't know if anyone has ever tried to put in a claim for stolen MJ and grow equipment, but if it was a legal law (meaning that no state, local, or federal laws that AREN'T unConstitutional were being broken) and assuming that their policy doesn't have an exemption in place in the policy then they are legally bound to honor the claim.

Is the grower insured? I don't know if anyone has ever tried to put in a claim for stolen MJ and grow equipment, but if it was a legal law (meaning that no state, local, or federal laws that AREN'T unConstitutional were being broken) and assuming that their policy doesn't have an exemption in place in the policy then they are legally bound to honor the claim.

Oh man... it would be fun to watch the insurance company try to wiggle out of that claim!
I think (WAY could be wrong here) that insurance companies have to operated within state and local laws. As such, if it's leagal in your state to grow, I'd think they'd have to compensate you for your loss.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom