Kind of a weird encounter. advice..

chaosridden

Me and another person were enjoying a beautiful days ride in Maryland when we were stopped. Yes we were smoking a blunt so they did smell it and have cause to search. I was caught with paraphernelia and 1 pain pill (which i use only in unbareably painful situations.. no prescription) But the cop only said "I am issuing both of you with a citation. and you can expect a sheriff to come by your house with either a court summons or a warrant for your arrest." Neither of us signed anything or even saw anything to be signed. I thought thats what a citation was. I was arrested for less in Ocean City Md...There was no acual marijuana found. And at the very end the cop looked at me and said "now dont be calling and bugging me if you dont get your papers. that will only annoy me and further your punishment." . Any idea what to expect? It kind of seemed like he was just scaring us and taking our grinders and bowls (2 of each). I heard that the new guy under Obama is making police be more lenient on marijuana? i know nothing about that and was just wondering if maybe anyone had a similar situation or had an idea of what may or may not happen.

sounds like you got robbed...
this is pretty standard lately as the cops don't want you to have your meds, at the same time don't feel like dealing with paperwork for it because half of the time the defendant has a good attorney and gets off the hook and the cop looks like a loser, so they just take your stuff and scare you... remember, their biggest weapon is not their gun, it's their fear tactics...
sorry for your loss, grateful for your freedom.

If you were given no citation or summons on the spot expect nothing further to be done.

Glass and buds can be replaced, but being put through the legal wringer is no fun at all and can end up costing alot of money. I would thank my lucky stars, and be a bit more discrete in the future. :peace:

Yea that sucks. I've had a few times were I only had a little bit so they just took it and left without doing anything. You may have gotten robbed my friend but at least your still a free man.

Or maybe it was towards the end of his shift, he was already tired you know after a long day of "hard work". Maybe he was like what the heck ill give these guys a scare. He prob didnt want to deal with the paperwork that comes afterwards prob just took your stuff threw it out stomped on it. And continued to police station to check out and go home. Because as i hear cops hate paperwork and thats where we get the lazy and corrupt cops.

The cop either didn't want to fool w/ the paperwork or the city has a live and let live attitude for small amounts of weed with tourists.

The last thing most resort towns want is a rep for hassling tourists.

Back
Top Bottom