Got busted

GreenBeans

A friend was at our house for a few hours after he got into a domestic with his girlfriend. The cops came over to arrest him and smelled the marijuana. We didn't lie and we were cooperative so they didn't arrest us. We had about 13 plants and the law in Ohio is a 4th degree felony. Possible jail time of 6 to 18 months and a fine of up to $2500-$5000. Some paraphernalia charges thrown in there that should get dropped cause hubby is going to plead guilty. We will get past this though. The cops were really nice and they didn't even hand cuff us or anything and once of them shook our hands before he left and thanked us for being so cooperative. In Ohio they cut the plants down and let them dry so I know it won't weight that much after it dries.

Well we keep you all update on how it goes. We should get our pre-trial in May sometime.

Update: On the paperwork it says that we only had 5 plants. We may get only a 3rd degree misdemeanor.

New update:

We realize now that when the police came into our house that the person they were looking for opened the front door, didn't run, and invited the police inside. He does not live in our house, he did not have the right to allow them to come inside. We are going to fight this under illegal search and seizure. Now we know if anyone (Detectives, Police or child protective services.) tries to come to our house this week that we are simply going to tell them that we want a lawyer. We also told our children that if anyone shows up at their school they are to tell them that they can NOT talk to them without one of their parents being present.

I looked at NORML for attorneys in NE Ohio, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about how to find an attorney? ACLU?

UPDATE: We found out yesterday that both of our cases were dismissed. It was bonded over to a grand jury and the county prosecutors didn't take our cases to the grand jury even, they just decided to dismiss. Our attorneys say that there is a small chance that that the city could bring back charges later, but everything is good right now.

Now I need to find out where to go online to help the medical marijuana bill in Ohio! Our story would be a good one for medical marijuana.

damn talk about a close call.glad it worked out for you. im sure you guys will be o.k. if the state dropped it id say your fine, but im sure they will be watching you.

UPDATE: We found out yesterday that both of our cases were dismissed. It was bonded over to a grand jury and the county prosecutors didn't take our cases to the grand jury even, they just decided to dismiss.

Glad to read that!

Now I need to find out where to go online to help the medical marijuana bill in Ohio! Our story would be a good one for medical marijuana.

The Ohio Patient Network looks to have some legalization links, links to literature, posters, etc., links to finding your state & federal representatives' contact information, marijuana reports & studies, etc.

GreenBeans my friend if the Police were really your "friends" they would have not charged you and walked off.
The BEST thing to do is NEVER open the door to Police talk thru an upstairs window or just simply go to bed and ignore them. Once a door is opened there is the "open door statute" basically allowing them in once door is ajar especially if they "smell" weed (they always do no matter what) it is a pretext to search when they said that u still have the right to refuse search and ask them to leave I also am going to trial and will be arraigned into Superior Court very soon after being held without bail for 40 days. I was Busted

UPDATE: We found out yesterday that both of our cases were dismissed. It was bonded over to a grand jury and the county prosecutors didn't take our cases to the grand jury even, they just decided to dismiss. Our attorneys say that there is a small chance that that the city could bring back charges later, but everything is good right now.

that is great news indeed.:yahoo:. must be a huge relief for you.. I know I would have been sh*ttin bricks..

im glad everything went good for you!try to not hang around with people that will start trouble.. especially in your house & if you have a grow going on.

Back
Top Bottom