IKEA Flouros?

SaltyJustice

Let me start off by explaining my grow area. It is a 3x3 foot closet that is 5 feet tall. Im only growing one plant. I havent bought any expensive lights yet because Im still not sure what the best choice is for my situation.

Well I got a few of those weird looking flouros at IKEA that fit into regular fixtures. They are suppose to be smart bulbs because they only use 13Watts of power but omit 60Watts of light, so the box says it only costs 2 cents a day if ran 24 hours. If I hang 2 of those over my plant would that be good enough to veg and flower? I am considering buying 2 400W flouros for the plant, but is the difference really worth it? If left on for 24hours the 800W flouros cost ~$100 a month.

Just get two of the 20 or 23 watts, and you should be good to go I'd say..

What's a 400Watt flouro? Do you mean hps? You definitely don't need 2 400watt hps for a 3x3" growing area. Maybe one 250 watt hps for flowering. Other than that get a couple more flouros or just buy a couple higher wattage ones like Andrew said. It's worth it to pay the extra few cents in electricity, you'll get back alot more than that in yield.

^^ Woohoo! My information was endorsed! Yesss! I'm on my way people. :biggrin:
Keep teaching me more guys. :adore:

NoDirtWeed4Me said:
What's a 400Watt flouro? Do you mean hps? You definitely don't need 2 400watt hps for a 3x3" growing area. Maybe one 250 watt hps for flowering. Other than that get a couple more flouros or just buy a couple higher wattage ones like Andrew said. It's worth it to pay the extra few cents in electricity, you'll get back alot more than that in yield.

:hmmmm: maybe im fucking crazy but a couple websites i read said that you need a minimum of 300watts of flouros per square foot of grow space. since that isnt the case i will definitely upgrade to better flouros but not too much for vegging, thanks.

300watts per square foot? I don't think that's even possible with flouros lol. Nope 50watts per square feet is ideal. 20watt per sqaure foot is the minimum. Sorry about the misinformation you recieved.

Back
Top Bottom