More watering under HPS than flouro?

CapWasHere

Recently I switched my flowering girl from 2 2ft Flouro fixtures to 1 150 watt HPS. While it was under the flouros I was watering about every 3 to 4 days. Since its been under the HPS the soil seems to be dry by the next day. I've been watering based on the first inch of soil, and water when it is dry. So is extra watering normal under a HPS or should I maintain the previous watering cycle? Also, the light is about a foot away from the top of the plant, is this a good distance?

I definitely water more under HPS. 1 because they are getting bigger and require more water and 2 the heat from the HPS light can cause the soil to dry up faster than the fluoros. ;-) A better judgment on whether or not they need water is the weight of the container. You probably have a good idea of what that container weighs with dry soil in it. If it feels light add water... You get my drift... ;-) Hope this helps.

I think you should check further down than an inch.. try two or three.. I am usually around every six or seven days when I go into flowering, your best bet is to watch them, they will tell you when they are ready for food...:peace:

Back
Top Bottom