I'm in the middle or end of my second week of flower and I'm fighting high humidity: help!

Pzza138

Living in SW FL, humidity has been insane 70-90 . Mainly stating at 70 during the day. Been having a lot of rain too. Which is good and bad. Good watering water to catch in cistern but no sun = bad bud production
I'm in a fifteen liter pot. My plant is about four and half foot tall ( measuring from bottom of pot)
Is there anything I can do short of making a bootleg flowering room inside ,where that's really not an option bc of the ol lady. She don't mind my growing but keep it outside,is her motto
Please anything any advice will be helpful.
I have it in a somewhat breezy spot. And I did start putting a fan on it at night when I bring into patio
But if there's anything at all more I can do please lmk??!! Thanks guys

Attachments

• IMG_20200723_144455671.jpg
    IMG_20200723_144455671.jpg
    564.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20200723_144413978.jpg
    IMG_20200723_144413978.jpg
    556.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20200723_144401032.jpg
    IMG_20200723_144401032.jpg
    585.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20200723_144335459.jpg
    IMG_20200723_144335459.jpg
    566 KB · Views: 32
  • 15956035031641244444346248916847.jpg
    15956035031641244444346248916847.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
The first thing that comes to mind is that where humidity is a serious problem, the most beneficial thing would be to grow strains which are not bothered by that. I think such strains would mostly be sativa, or sativa-heavy hybrids. Vietnam, Thailand, that part of the world, the Caribbean (Jamaica, west coast Mexico,) Souther America's humid regions....... There are lots of strains which like humidity and have lived in it for a zillion years. Surely there must be Florida strains which can handle it, no? Triangle OG? Of course, it may be that strains of those types may not produce the sort of pot that your like.

I have an OG x The-Kitchen-Sink sort of strain which I think has a sigificant bit of Highland Thai in it, but not a dominating amount. Other stuff I used sometimes gets mouldy, but this stuff empties its nose at mould and laughs a kind of cruel laugh. It's not all things to all pot growers as it has shortcomings (some height, not early [but not bad]), but I sure am keeping it around. Maybe you should find a strain with some HT in it, or similar.

Where I live where humidity rarely drops below 90% and I agree with the dog that most sativa strains do very well against mold. Your other main weapon is airflow. Lots and lots of airflow.

I should also mention that you’re not likely to have any mold or humidity related problems in week two of flower it’s mainly just a problem to solve for the later weeks

Haha, so that's pretty much the extent of the advice huh lol thanks though man I need it
Hey thanks for the info man actually a good bit of advice too
This is also my first grow,
maybe it is a good resistant strain and it does fine but I want to proceed taking all the right steps
i take failure hard even if it does present learning opportunity
Thanks everyone for the feedback !

The first thing that comes to mind is that where humidity is a serious problem, the most beneficial thing would be to grow strains which are not bothered by that. I think such strains would mostly be sativa, or sativa-heavy hybrids. Vietnam, Thailand, that part of the world, the Caribbean (Jamaica, EAST coast Mexico,) South America's humid regions....... There are lots of strains which like humidity and have lived in it for a zillion years. Surely there must be Florida strains which can handle it, no? Triangle OG? Of course, it may be that strains of those types may not produce the sort of pot that your like.

I have an OG x The-Kitchen-Sink sort of strain which I think has a sigificant bit of Highland Thai in it, but not a dominating amount. Other stuff I used sometimes gets mouldy, but this stuff empties its nose at mould and laughs a kind of cruel laugh. It's not all things to all pot growers as it has shortcomings (some height, not early [but not bad]), but I sure am keeping it around. Maybe you should find a strain with some HT in it, or similar.

CORRECTIONS: East coast of Mexico [ I don't know the West coast ] and SOUTH America's humid regions.

Back
Top Bottom