Outdoor temperature control

Wunder

I have been thinking about flowering outdoors. I live in a climate that has 85-100F w/ 70-100% humidity (day) and 70-85F w/ 70-100% humidity (night) March-November. Light times are around 14/10. December-February it is 70-85F w/ 50-100% humidity (day) and 50-70F w/ 50-100% humidity. Light times are around 10/14. I have observed the results of another person's outdoor grow. They yield about 0.5-1.5oz a plant w/ the density of a feather. The only temp control is a sun screen. After seeing those results I know something else needs to be done. I have thought about a misting system w/ a couple of quiet fans but mold screams at me in my mind. Misting is the only thing that can think of. I am looking for any ideas that may work even confirmation of my idea. Please give me your thoughts. No idea is a bad idea. Thank you in advance for your thoughts/ideas.

Ok. If you don't have a satallite and the required parts, then you may want to consider some green house covering and a cooling fan like this MaxxAir 18 Inch Portable Evaporative Cooler. You'll need to google that for the link since we're not allowed to link things that may be competitive to sponsers. Its a beefy fan, but I'm playin it lazy and safe :p

The problem like you say is the temp/mold, but these should have more fan movement than a regular fan with a bucket under it. Keep the plants under a solar reduction netting to keep the air moving as best you can and I suppose you'd want fans at night as well.

.5-1.5oz per plant... I would hesitate to chalk up the mini yield to temps alone. The rest of your friends grow is more than 'toss seeds in dirt and wait'?

In my area it is often over 110°F with 100% humidity. I only do outdoor grows in 5 gal. buckets so I can move my girls and they can get direct sunlight in the morning and part of the afternoon, then I move them into the shade as it gets steamy. I make judgment calls on when to slap my fan(s) on them during the day and the fan(s) stays going at night, so you would be wise to invest in a couple of them. You're gonna want to have some kind of weather covering handy for misty/rainy times to protect your buds from mold and fans from the obvious. Also, moving from indoors to outdoors you're gonna want to have your pest control plan in order ahead of time.

Back
Top Bottom