Info needed on my "tubes drip & trickle"!

Sanwan

NO NOT THAT KINDA' DRIP GUYS!! lol
Uh yeh, anyhow, I read Roseman's tutorial and he says to make sure the water is at a VERY slow trickle. Understood....
I have mine set so I see a drop form on the end, builds up and then drips, no slow trickle but rather more of a drip drop effect. Is this fine or should I have it up a tiny bit more?

Second question, I have my tube tops come right above the hydroton surface, not below it...I can look and see the flow at any time. Should it be below the surface or is it fine where I have it placed? And it is against the rockwool as well.

Re: Info needed on my "tubes drip & trickle" !!!

NO NOT THAT KINDA' DRIP GUYS!! lol
Uh yeh, anyhow, I read Roseman's tutorial and he says to make sure the water is at a VERY slow trickle. Understood....
I have mine set so I see a drop form on the end, builds up and then drips, no slow trickle but rather more of a drip drop effect. Is this fine or should I have it up a tiny bit more?

Second question, I have my tube tops come right above the hydroton surface, not below it...I can look and see the flow at any time. Should it be below the surface or is it fine where I have it placed? And it is against the rockwool as well.

It sounds like your flow is fine! The end of the feeder tube should ideally be placed at the base of the rockwool cube or at least toward the bottom.

Re: Info needed on my "tubes drip & trickle" !!!

Thanks "Answer. I will pull the tubes down in the morning. :)

Re: Info needed on my "tubes drip & trickle" !

just be weary that the roots can grow up in the feeder tubes and clog thus if not identified may alter plant growth.
Happened to me my first grow thats why I have the feeder tubes right under the top layer of hydroton and then topped with foil to keep light out.

Re: Info needed on my "tubes drip & trickle" !

just be weary that the roots can grow up in the feeder tubes and clog thus if not identified may alter plant growth.
Happened to me my first grow thats why I have the feeder tubes right under the top layer of hydroton and then topped with foil to keep light out.

good to know!!

drip line in DWC kinda defeats the purpose of having roots submerged in nutrient soup, but that's just MHO.
:goodluck::peacetwo:

drip line in DWC kinda defeats the purpose of having roots submerged in nutrient soup, but that's just MHO.
:goodluck::peacetwo:

I have to agree with Heks here. I grow in DWC. My pumps are always on. 24/7/365 and at a small flow not trickle. Laying on top of the hydroton. If I need to get water to the cube at first I will cut a small piece of black tubing and place it at a hole that water comes out of and then lay the hose where you want the water to hit on the block {divert the water}. Remember not to let the water hit your stock.
:peacetwo: :goodluck:

My presumption towards this topic was that the drip lines are used through flowering.

I've always thought of top feeding in DWC to be counterproductive, in the sense that the roots don't have to go anywhere to find the water when it's coming from above. Some might say it's superstition.

I just fill the res a little high to hit the hydroton and netpot with the breaking water bubbles.

To each his own as long as we each get to harvest :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom