Inline fan vibrating like hell but don't know why?

Brucefx

Hi guys I recently completed my grow cab for my tomatoes but on testing have come across a problem.

I have a 4 inch inline fan connected up to a 400 watt hps cooltube, the fan exhausts into the surrounding room and the exhaust sits right in the wall of the cabinet.

If I run my fan its fine, no other noise apart from the obvious sound of air pushing through it. Which I can deal with. The problem comes when I turn the hps on. For some reason with the light on after about 5 mins my fan starts vibrating like hell, way too loud.

And I can't figure out why, so therefore can't figure out a remedy! Hope you guys can help

Some more info, the fan is very secure, no play in it, it's tightly slotted into the wall of the cab and screwed to the ceiling. All my electrics run off a power strip I also have an nft system in there.
I notice that when the hps comes on my desk fan I have in there for circulation and breeze slows down.

Not sure if its the speed of the fan I need to slow down with controller, or what I'm stumped!

Thanks for reading!

Back
Top Bottom