Insecticides

dontinhale

420 Member
i have several Gorilla glue 4 auto flowers that have about 2 weeks before harvest. yesterday I noticed aphids on all the plants. i bought a spray bottle of rose and flower insect killer. the first listed insecticide is B-cyfluthrin. i noticed today that this insect killer is not to be applied to fruits or vegtables that are eaten. my question is whether or not this can be rinsed off? can it be smoked?

Welcome to 420 @dontinhale

No-one can answer that question because there is a serious health consequence if you are given the wrong advice
The data sheet obviously does not cover smoking the residue, so the risk is real
Although it breaks down quite quickly, it does not readily dissolve in water so rinsing may not be very effective anyway

If you are going to try it, I'd wash the bud thoroughly with acidic water [such as lemon juice mix] at harvest

the first listed insecticide is B-cyfluthrin. i noticed today that this insect killer is not to be applied to fruits or vegtables that are eaten. my question is whether or not this can be rinsed off? can it be smoked?
The best thing recommended to use for aphids is an insecticidal soap or horticultural oil. These can be found in grow shops or neighborhood gardening stores. I am thinking that someone in the group can recommend a much safer soap or oil that you can buy than the cyfluthrin.

All kinds of info on cyfluthrin is available on the internet. Based on what I have read you would be using the wrong product for aphids and for use on your Marijuana plants this close to harvest. Yes, it will kill them but aphids are not on the list of insects that the product is recommended for according to what is listed by the EPA and the National Pesticide Information Center. Highly toxic to pest insects and to pollinators, bees, and desired insects.

Back
Top Bottom