Blue Cheese

whatayawant

I have 2 growing in my closet,one is 4 weeks into flowering and the other is 2 weeks into flowering.I noticed today that both plants have what looks like tiny crystals all over the leaves and even on the under side of the leaves.And there's aphids or fruit flies like crazy.Also the rims of the pots are covered in some sort of sticky residue.I'm guessing I have some sort of insect infestation.Is there anything I can do?

The flies might be soil gnats,but the stuff on the edge of the pots doesn't sound like anything I'm familiar with.
Got any clear pics of the problem?
And pics of the bugs too,if that's possible...

I apologize for the quality, I hope you can make out what it is. The resin on the pots is sticky but it can be washed off easily.
I took a picture of the main stem, it's coated with those sticky crystals.

Attachments

• IMG_20190928_195239.jpg
    IMG_20190928_195239.jpg
    590.2 KB · Views: 36
  • MVIMG_20190928_195227.jpg
    MVIMG_20190928_195227.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20190928_195146.jpg
    IMG_20190928_195146.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 30
Those are scale bugs,and that's a severe infestation-there's 2 types- hard and soft .
The soft scale bugs can be managed with insecticidal soap("Safer" brand)
The hard shell ones are a little tougher,you've got to spray some type of oil on them to suffocate them. I think that stuff on the pots is caused by the scale bugs (it's their "poop")
Read this for more info-you need to work on getting rid of them or they will either kill,or severely stunt your plant...

Those flies look like soil gnats-the gnats themselves don't hurt your plant,they're just annoying as hell...but their larva,which live in the soil, can damage the plants roots if the infestation gets too bad.
Wetting the top inch or so of the soil with a 50/50 mixture of Hydrogen peroxide & water will kill most of the larva,but not all,so you'll have to do it every week or so to keep them under control. The peroxide won't hurt your plant.

Back
Top Bottom