Introduction, Newbie: Rate my set up & understanding please!

OK so if I understand correctly the soil wasn't really that moist. It was dry when the seed was placed in there?

If that's the case then yes you need to keep that area, about 3 inches around the center of where the seed was placed, moist. Three inches in case it shifts, that way you know it's moist where the seed is.
Don't let it dry out because it's surface wet, not down deep. The next ones just make sure the soil is well moistened before placing the seed

Hey everybody. Brand new to growing and looking for some affirmation that I am on the right track. I have done a lot of reading and watching of youtube videos, so I think I have a rather solid grasp on germination through Week 1 of life.

I have a 3x3 tent with an Optic 4 LED light.
Using 3 5-gallon cloth pots.
Inside the tent I have a humidifier, heater and small square fan that is sitting in front of one of the flaps.
I have a 6" inline fan bringing some fresher air in
I have a nice sized exhaust fan as well with a variable speed. On the lowest setting, there is a little bit of negative pressure in the tent (walls coming in a little bit) so I know I have a big enough fan.

I put 4 seeds in a cup of distilled water and waited about 18-20 hours for them to soak. 3 of the 4 sank. I then transferred them to the paper towel and did that whole thing (dark room, moist, etc.). After about 24-30 hours, one of the seeds cracked and took off like crazy with a nice long taproot. 2 others have the beginnings of a taproot, but aren't growing out too too much. The last one is cracked, and you can see the taproot still in the seed. Is this normal they all grow at such different rates (all same strand).

I went ahead and planted the one seed that was the correct length taproot. Put the root facing down in the soil, lightly covered it up, and used a spray bottle to spray a good amount of water on top of the soil. It's my understanding I just use a spray bottle until the plant sprouts above the soil, then I can start using a watering bucket to pour water around the outer edge of the pot?

I am going to run 18/6 light schedule, trying to keep temperatures around 80, and humidity around 50-60%.

Can somebody tell me if I am on the right track here, or if I am missing/messing anything up? It makes me nervous putting one of the seeds in before the other 2. Idk why lol. Thank you for reading!

Is that summer time or winter time I'm new to tent thing ..I stuffed 12 in a 4+4 tent exhaust fan .there 25 days old 2fat feet tall. I had 81000whps and I would average.1.5lb per bulb and that was trail an error.at this time of there life's bro roots keep warm don't over feed an don't stress it takes a while to become master grower I'll shoot some pics..and

Welcome to 420, @cphil. I think you will do well. Having @Mr. Sauga as a guardian angel almost guarantees it!

What auto are you growing?

Back
Top Bottom