Iron problems? Need help please

MindRage420

Afternoon everyone,

I have 2 plants 1 auto and 1 photo in the same room (trying out 12/12 with auto) and they are both starting to show some issues at new growth sites

Ita happening on the lower nodes also so i dont think its light burn

Yellowing comes from stem out

Theyve both been getting veg nutes but switched them from 18-6 to 12-12 last week and i am ready to feed bloom nures but not sure if i should yet because of the yellowing?

Also they are on different feeding schedules and strength of nutes ao idk why it would hallen to both at same time ass soon as they went into flower....
received_284590028915869.jpeg
received_281645969120759.jpeg
received_1837039829741387.jpeg
received_286736995529787.jpeg
received_2300455166945779.jpeg
received_610231719421157.jpeg

Any feedback helps, thank you

not sure that I am seeing a problem here. New growth is oftentimes a lighter colour than the older growth and an Fe deficiency is usually a dramatic yellow, not lime green.

Is that something that happens normally in flower? Because they seemed to just start yellowimg the past couple days, ever since i went to flower, and pictures dont do it justice but it does seem to be yellow in person, woke up the other day to them looking like this so i thought something isnt right

Is that something that happens normally in flower? Because they seemed to just start yellowimg the past couple days, ever since i went to flower, and pictures dont do it justice but it does seem to be yellow in person, woke up the other day to them looking like this so i thought something isnt right
I don't see plants that have gone into flower... so keep with the veg nutes for a while. I believe you that they are going yellow so lets look into the basics... what pH are you adjusting all fluids to? Is that soil?

This is my first grow.. When i say in flower i mean that i swapped to 12 12 light cycle so flowering could start and thats when it started doing this... So this isnt the start of flower? What is then?? When do i determine when to give them the big bloom nutes?

Ph has been around 6.5 using dropper test isnt to accuratr but i always adjust it and yes its soil ffhf

received_342999342956228.jpeg

I don't see plants that have gone into flower... so keep with the veg nutes for a while. I believe you that they are going yellow so lets look into the basics... what pH are you adjusting all fluids to? Is that soil?
Also! I have been using purified not distilled water so noy sure if maybe ppm are too high??

OK, so you have flipped to 12/12 and the plants are in the process of converting to flower; that last picture confirmed that you are indeed almost in flower. So, at the moment they are not quite in flower, not quite in veg... but a lot of the conversion that needs to happen involves new growth, so it is not appropriate to stop giving the nitrogen at this point, and also you need to start the flowering stage nutes too. If you are not using all of the fox farms trio, then you of course are not getting the nutrition that they need... you should have been giving big bloom all along if you were following the directions. Look at the directions for week 5... this is where you are at right now.
According to this feeding chart, you are due for a flush to wash out the salts and to get ready for flower. You should also be giving big bloom, grow big and tiger bloom at this point, and I highly recommend getting the 3 solubles too so you could be giving open sesame at this point too. Study the chart, follow the directions to the letter, and you should not have any more problems. Note that the ratios change just a bit for every week of the grow. Water quality doesn't matter in this synthetic grow... use tap water or distilled for the same results. Always adjust to 6.3 pH... a digital meter is worth its weight in gold.
feeding-schedules-aggressive-garden-emerald-harvest-soil-feeding-chart.png

Well, since you have helped me thus far, lets get into details shall we,

Here are the current plants ages
Screenshot_2019-01-12-17-06-59.png

The first plant (teddy grams) was just some seed I had found in a bag and honestly I still dont know if its full on female or hermi, i see a few pistols here and there but thats it so far, its not really acting like it has started flower at all. Where the ak47 auto is the one you see in the blue lighting above is, as you said, starting to make the transition.

Now, these are my nutes
0112191813.jpg

For the teddy grams (the photo period, older plant) I have been giving full dose of grow big and big bloom every other watering, with just ph water in between.

I did not go off of the schedule you posted above, just went with nutes every other water (started with half dose first time)

Now for the AK 47 autoflower, it has only been given Nutes twice with the same rules (half dose first time then full) with water in between nute feedings
I have only fed it VEG nutes twice because i have been told autos need much less nutes than photos, due to shorr veg time. I have actually the slightest sign of nute burn on the ak so will back down to half dose from now on.

So the last watering for the photo was about 3 days ago with ph balanced distilled water (1gal) that i thought would be considered a flush but just 1 gallon was not a good enough flush

The AK last feeding was about a week ago and it was a nute feeding so the ak is ready for pure water, so it is ready for a flush.

So I have been using big bloom the whole time for both plants and the grow big plus about 5ml of cal mag (stems went from red to green)

That is why i thought it was an iron def. Because ive been using a good ammount of nice nutes at the correct ph

I make my nute water then let it sit for a couple hours to get clear water from the top to ph test and i usually dont have to adjust, the nutes usuallt bring it around 6.5 automatically

Are you talking about the big fan leave? Lol i topped it like a month ago and the leave came out like that im not sure why... Should have seen it before i lollipoped it there were more like that.. Weird
Yes sir I was talking about those also, but this is why I said something's munchin your girl...
bugs.JPG

Yes sir I was talking about those also, but this is why I said something's munchin your girl...
bugs.JPG
Yea i did find a little green bug in there and a gnat or 2, i shake them and pull them out to check for bugs in the box daily but its not 100% closed so they do randomly get in sometimes :/

Well, since you have helped me thus far, lets get into details shall we,

Here are the current plants ages
Screenshot_2019-01-12-17-06-59.png

The first plant (teddy grams) was just some seed I had found in a bag and honestly I still dont know if its full on female or hermi, i see a few pistols here and there but thats it so far, its not really acting like it has started flower at all. Where the ak47 auto is the one you see in the blue lighting above is, as you said, starting to make the transition.

Now, these are my nutes
0112191813.jpg

For the teddy grams (the photo period, older plant) I have been giving full dose of grow big and big bloom every other watering, with just ph water in between.

I did not go off of the schedule you posted above, just went with nutes every other water (started with half dose first time)

Now for the AK 47 autoflower, it has only been given Nutes twice with the same rules (half dose first time then full) with water in between nute feedings
I have only fed it VEG nutes twice because i have been told autos need much less nutes than photos, due to shorr veg time. I have actually the slightest sign of nute burn on the ak so will back down to half dose from now on.

So the last watering for the photo was about 3 days ago with ph balanced distilled water (1gal) that i thought would be considered a flush but just 1 gallon was not a good enough flush

The AK last feeding was about a week ago and it was a nute feeding so the ak is ready for pure water, so it is ready for a flush.

So I have been using big bloom the whole time for both plants and the grow big plus about 5ml of cal mag (stems went from red to green)

That is why i thought it was an iron def. Because ive been using a good ammount of nice nutes at the correct ph

I make my nute water then let it sit for a couple hours to get clear water from the top to ph test and i usually dont have to adjust, the nutes usuallt bring it around 6.5 automatically
So, if you are going by what is on the side of the bottle and not following the detailed feeding schedule made especially for soil, you are not really using the Fox Farm system. It is a very well designed system that will let anyone grow superior pot, but you have to follow the directions, and you have to use a minimum of their basic products, the 3 liquids and the 3 solubles.
You would be better served by going exactly by what the directions tell you to do, especially for a fast growing auto. There is a LOT of bad advice out there as to how to grow autos... don't believe everything you hear. You basically have 3 choices... 1. guess 2. follow the advice you hear 3. follow the directions provided by real scientists who designed the stuff and who's best interest is for you to succeed.
I advise a lot of people on this forum and have convinced several foxfarm growers to follow the directions. None of them have told me after trying it that I or the folks at FoxFarms was wrong. Follow the directions... not at half strength so as to make your plants yellow... follow the directions.
As far as measuring the pH... mix the stuff up, starting with the calmag. Mix the other stuff in and immediately pH adjust it. It is going to be mixed in the container, mix it now. In a foxfarm grow, my experience is that pH adjusting to the low end of the scale, at 6.3 will be best, especially later in the grow. The system that you have been using to measure pH after settling is causing you to water with nute way in the acidic end of the scale, indeed way down in the hydro range. No wonder some of the nutes are not being seen. Remember too, that when you water every other time with just water, that pH also should be adjusted to 6.3
Regarding flushing. A flush is when you move 3x the container size in water through the soil. A 3 gallon container needs 9 gallons, with the last gallon adjusted to 6.3.
It is clear now what is happening to cause the yellowing in the new growth. They are hungry. Because of pH mistakes and assumptions to half feed, you are not feeding them all that they need. Add in the TB too, and that will help too. Go by the chart, not the sides of the bottles.
Good luck... its all in the details in a FF grow.

Im still confused, so if i let my nutrient/water solution sit for an hour, then use a syringe to draw out the top clear layer of water then ph test that, it is not correct?

And looking at the feeding schedule, the side of the bottle of big bloom says 4 tablespoons per gallon, that chart says 6tsp at most, so if anything ive over fed it the big bloom by double the dose (4tbsp is 12tsp) so it wouldnt be hungry off that, also the side of the grow big says 3 tsp same as the chart so thats been on point and it wasnt ready for the tiger yet also the chart says feed every other water so i did basically follow that chart with the 3 main liquids but im not sure what soluble you are referring to..

Ill just have to get a real ph meter soon

Im still confused, so if i let my nutrient/water solution sit for an hour, then use a syringe to draw out the top clear layer of water then ph test that, it is not correct?

And looking at the feeding schedule, the side of the bottle of big bloom says 4 tablespoons per gallon, that chart says 6tsp at most, so if anything ive over fed it the big bloom by double the dose (4tbsp is 12tsp) so it wouldnt be hungry off that, also the side of the grow big says 3 tsp same as the chart so thats been on point and it wasnt ready for the tiger yet also the chart says feed every other water so i did basically follow that chart with the 3 main liquids but im not sure what soluble you are referring to..

Ill just have to get a real ph meter soon
ok, good news on the amount of nutes you have been giving then... so now that you have the chart; keep to it... it is important to vary the amounts with each week. Most of the problems you are having are pH related then, because you are not measuring the pH of the solution, you are measuring the pH of the water that rises to the top. The pH of the overall solution is much lower than the reading you are getting. Mix up the soup, and then take the pH of the soup. This of course, after remixing it, is what you apply to the plants.
The three solubles that you want to get [and one purchase will last you for years] are the trio of Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz and Cha-Ching. These, each at the perfect time in the grow, unleash bud production, bud growth and finally, resin production. It is good stuff.

Well the problem with that method of ph testing for me is the big bloom makes the water very brown and hard to read ph when im using those dye dropper tests, any idea how i can use them and get a good reading on my nute water? Maybe shake it all up and run it through a coffee filter?

Thats the only reason i do that

ok, good news on the amount of nutes you have been giving then... so now that you have the chart; keep to it... it is important to vary the amounts with each week. Most of the problems you are having are pH related then, because you are not measuring the pH of the solution, you are measuring the pH of the water that rises to the top. The pH of the overall solution is much lower than the reading you are getting. Mix up the soup, and then take the pH of the soup. This of course, after remixing it, is what you apply to the plants.
The three solubles that you want to get [and one purchase will last you for years] are the trio of Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz and Cha-Ching. These, each at the perfect time in the grow, unleash bud production, bud growth and finally, resin production. It is good stuff.

One more question!

Would light entering the room at night cause it to stress and look like that? Because i have been shining my phone light in there to check temp and didnt know it was a huge issue....

Back
Top Bottom