Is 100ppm colloidal silver too much

Anoobis

In a bit of a bind. I have a stack of seeds that are maybe a year and a half old. Having trouble germinating them, and obtaining more seeds from the internet etc is a bit of an issue. The one local distributor that i got my seeds from in Oz has folded up shop, and everything else is coming on from overseas. One site was saying they wont send to Oz due to increased scrutiny through customs.

I am trying to address the germination issue (heat mat, pre-soak). Just went and got some hydrogen peroxide to add to the initial soak. Might try a light sand paper rub to thin the shell... i don't know.

The other option i have is that i have a plant in flower. Considering regenerating the plant, growing a cutting and spraying it with colloidal to get some fem seeds. The last time i tried this however i got a lot of male sacs, just no pollen. They were all empty. I am pretty sure it was at least 20-30 ppm colloidal i used. Can't really afford to fail this time around depending upon how the new seed germination measures work out, so i am wondering if getting a much higher strength colloidal silver will help. Maybe in the 50 to 100ppm ranges. Not sure if 100 is too much, or would have negative effects.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

In a bit of a bind. I have a stack of seeds that are maybe a year and a half old. Having trouble germinating them, and obtaining more seeds from the internet etc is a bit of an issue. The one local distributor that i got my seeds from in Oz has folded up shop, and everything else is coming on from overseas. One site was saying they wont send to Oz due to increased scrutiny through customs.

I am trying to address the germination issue (heat mat, pre-soak). Just went and got some hydrogen peroxide to add to the initial soak. Might try a light sand paper rub to thin the shell... i don't know.

The other option i have is that i have a plant in flower. Considering regenerating the plant, growing a cutting and spraying it with colloidal to get some fem seeds. The last time i tried this however i got a lot of male sacs, just no pollen. They were all empty. I am pretty sure it was at least 20-30 ppm colloidal i used. Can't really afford to fail this time around depending upon how the new seed germination measures work out, so i am wondering if getting a much higher strength colloidal silver will help. Maybe in the 50 to 100ppm ranges. Not sure if 100 is too much, or would have negative effects.

Good morning @Anoobis hope you are well today my friend.
Can't help with the silver sorry.
A 10% solution of h202 will help pop, wet paper towel until a tail appears.
Then into dirt.
Don't use a heat mat you will cook them.
@Weed Seeds Express has the best germination rate I've worked with.
Great genetics, fast discrete shipping right to your door. Discrete :thumb:
Give them a try.
Good luck Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill

CS can be a bit unpredictable, it may also be plant dependent.

My method for germinating seeds is paper towel in ziplock bag, placed on a saucer that is on the LED driver.
Try for about 80F

Back
Top Bottom