Is 42 F to cold for my plant outdoors?

milehirillaz4

hi everyone I am a first time grower outdoors . I am growing in a ten gal bucket . I don't know what kind of strain it is all I know its a sativa . it is in its week 3 of flowering . I live in Colorado right now its been getting 52 dagress to 42 dagress at night so I was just wondering if that to cold for her
IMAG009320.jpg
IMAG009219.jpg
IMAG009119.jpg
thank you and happy growing everyone :thanks:

Hi Milehirillaz.

Having failed to do so previously let me start by welcoming you to the 420 Magazine site and community of members that gathers here. I hope you will enjoy the site and community as much as I do.

I think Ricorico is spot on with his response, but I would add that especially with a sativa you are probably experiencing lows very close to lowest temps your plant will tolerate well. I would anticipate temps that low will slow her growth some and potentially complicate the race to finish against the impending even cooler nighttime temps.

Any indoor or greenhouse alternatives possible?

Be well and happy growing.

I agree with TanR. Photosynthesis slows down at low temperatures. This results in lower yields.

A greenhouse would be better and enable you to wait longer, avoid pests and damage from storms and frost.

I harvested this in early November snow

DSCF21652.JPG

A Plastic Greenhouse made of PMMA lets most of the sunlight through, including the UV rays :)

DSCF21702.JPG

The purple comes from cold temps at night, but inside the greenhouse never freezes :)

DSCF2158.JPG

It would be worth the small investment.

should I take it indoors at nite and take her out in the morning im just scared she mite die from all the moving to indoors and out a and thank you guys for the tips if I go get a greenhouse well I be able to leave it in there over night how can I get a good yield off her. is the cold temp why my buds are looking a little small

Back
Top Bottom