Is it too cold?

Melzbudz420

420 Member
I live in NY and it's been rainy and cold (40-50s) the last few days and expected to be overcast and cold for the next several days. I'm 10 days I. On 3 seedlings in rather large pots. They have cotelydons with a first strong set of cannabis leaves and the second adjacent set beginning to form. My seeds are autoflower and are ak-47, bubblegum and WW. Will the cold stunt my ladies? Should I bring them indoors? I do not have an indoor set up at this time, completely outdoor first time operation here. I am experimenting with unknown seeds to figure out the kinks and pro and cons of outdoor so I can move on to indoor growing this fall! Any advice for temp and light changes would help me. I know that plants still get spectrum through the clouds, but I'm worried about the temp.

Welcome aboard @Melzbudz420

Your ladies should be fine with that temp range, it's only a temperately kink.

I have finish gorilla grows where the temps was in the lower and upper 30's a couple times for a few days, in the beginning of the grow. Planting outdoor on 4-20 can be challenging.

If you see them getting to much water, just try to pull them out of the rain or cover them (the pots) for awhile. I only say this because you mentioned they were in pots.

I would not take them in your house if I was you. Outside plants stay outside; you don't want to bring anything into your home.

Hope this helps some.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

I'm in Upstate NY - yup it gets cold at night here. I have a few plants outdoors right now and 2 of them didn't like the cold last few nights. They will be ok. They are in the ground so the soil temps dont fluctuate like the air temps.

The cold may burn a few leaves. The plant will drop them off they turn yellow and fall off.

It's normal. Gonna be plenty hot enough in the sun which can go on for days without rain. Thats tougher than a few cold nights. Last year we had 6 rains.... before the snow came and 1 of the rains in early May was 10" of snow. Then we went 1 month no rain at all.

You should be OK - the AUTO's genetics originated in Russia and why they dont go by light time schedule and are generally shorter. Closer to ground = warmer.

I have seedlings going too.... they didn't even skip a beat. The adult plants that I transplanted outside a few of then are a little beat up but they will recover.

Welcome aboard @Melzbudz420

Your ladies should be fine with that temp range, it's only a temperately kink.

I have finish gorilla grows where the temps was in the lower and upper 30's a couple times for a few days, in the beginning of the grow. Planting outdoor on 4-20 can be challenging.

If you see them getting to much water, just try to pull them out of the rain or cover them (the pots) for awhile. I only say this because you mentioned they were in pots.

I would not take them in your house if I was you. Outside plants stay outside; you don't want to bring anything into your home.

Hope this helps some.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:
Thanks so much. I pulled them outta the rain and put see thru cups over them. I have a bunch of random seeds I'm learning with, one cracked open and revealed it's lil white tail, about an inch I suppose. I did a mix of soil and castings, that was experiment #1. But my outdoor ladies are my real project. I plan on getting an indoor set up, so I'm sure I'll need more advice soon!

Back
Top Bottom