Is anyone else using fish tank water?

joedaddy805

I just went back to using water from my fish tank cause i was tired of going to the water store. But i was wondering if anyone else is using it and also adding nutes to it. i was wondering if you use full strength or cut it down cause of all the stuff in the fish water. i just gave my plants a dose of nutes with the fish water and i haven't seen any real effects and its been 4 days now. i don't know if i should just give it full strength with the fish water or not. don't want to kill my plants after working on them this long.

Fell free to check out my journal and offer any help if you like. I appreciate all help.

20140316_180109.jpg
20140316_1800252.jpg
20140317_173704.jpg
20140317_173635.jpg
20140317_173642.jpg

I wouldn't use fish tank water.
I used to have a really big tank and one of the problems with that water is that fish shit in it, and the ph rises a fair amount (enough to eat through the snails shell)
I had pretty good filters but in the end I don't think it's a good idea.

i can always adjust for ph. but when i add all my nutes I'm always having to bring my ph down by 1.0 so its really not that bad. i did 1 plant with it but i screwed that plant up at the end. I've heard lots of good things about it i just don't know how much nutes to add to the water. the fish shit shouldn't be a problem cause a lot of soil has shit from some kind of animal bird,cow,chicken and others so i doubt the fish shit should be a problem.

i converted over to fish water a couple of weeks ago and they look pretty good so far.

Well I hope yo do good then, the shit in the water is not the problem, that might actually be good, it was just the acidity of the water that I thought may be of concern.
Although clean water is probably a lot better.

Anyway I'm happy you're not having issues with it.

peace!

Back
Top Bottom