Is fish tank water ok for plants

Ugodmade

I was wondering if the water from a fish aquarium would be ok for my plants /freshwater fish/. they are cuttings that have been re vegged .. And also I have some fluorescent bulbs I was wondering if i could use .. Just to go with the ones i have ,,, They are 9v = to 40w and are 3000k is this spectrum any use to my plants ? Thanks for any input :Rasta::Rasta: It seems to be ok with other house plants. Many types of plants will root quite readily in aquarium water. take a piece of cork or styrofoam put a cutting through a hole and float it in the tank. The success rate is about three time plain water. reason they root better in aquariums is because most aquariums have an airstone or powerheadfilter to oxygenate the water.

it should be, just realize that your using crapped water, ie a very minute strength fertilizer (or not so minute depending) so dnt attempt foliar sprays with it.... honestly dnt know if any of this is correct, never tried it, but thats my best opinionated judgement

Ya I didn't want to comment because I have no idea what is in that water :) I know it is oxygenated, and has fish emulsion in it, which is all good, but I don't know what it may have in it other than that. It should be OK to use, but remember most of the fish crap is on the bottom.

You will also have to top off your tank, and that means making sure the water you put back in is good so you don't kill the fish ;-)

no additives. My mother uses all the time on her house plants . and the fish water is slightly acidic so along with the fish emulsion .. not to replace fertilizer just to use on the regular wet /dry still adding fertilizer when needed .. thanks for the response i was starting to wonder if u could see me lol .

lol they have 4 big fish tanks and are constantly redoing the water in them so its this one this week and the other the next week so on .. Thanks for the help .. I may have to get me a fish tank if it works :p

A old seed seller I think it was Steve of the Spice of Life seed company used to use a set up that he called GUPPYPONICS. There was a article about it in one of the grow mags. Either hightimes or cannabis culture. Not sure which. Do some searching at those mags and you might find the article. It was full of the exact info your asking about.

I had a fellow who sells systems here who used a fish tank as his water source. He has probably 10 large fish in his system and it was feeding a tomato plant. The plant grew beyond his vertical limit and he killed it - he was just experimenting anyway. He said he never had to mess with the nutes, the fish poop and fish kept everything in regulation - super mini ecosystem.

a friend of mine farms trout in large ponds fed by a small , recirculating stream . he has some sort of sand filter that catches poop. he has an outdoor drip system that feeds his garden fish water. this is all he uses. 10 plants . 10 lbs. that's his mantra. he lives north of 50. his neighbors think a couple of oz's per plant is a big harv.:smokin:

A old seed seller I think it was Steve of the Spice of Life seed company used to use a set up that he called GUPPYPONICS. There was a article about it in one of the grow mags. Either hightimes or cannabis culture. Not sure which. Do some searching at those mags and you might find the article. It was full of the exact info your asking about.

I was just wondering today who wrote that article. I knew it was a known breeder but through the years I have forgot who it was. I was reading both magazines at the time so I don't remember which one carried the article.

Back
Top Bottom