Is CO2 worth it?

Question: what about those jury-rigged ones you see on YouTube with the 2 liters and yeast&sugar...are they worth making?

I have made them and definitely noticed a difference for a night or two they kinda leaned to that side of tent, but I stopped making it just Bc I carry enough water to my location

We run a sealed room 9 x 10 with 8 foot ceilings 1000 watt hps on a light mover and CO2. Running a Sentinel CO2 controller and it works very well .I have some friends that set their co2 up to 2000 ppm, I run mine at 1600. All of us run it in veg and flower . I would like to add that we were storing earth worm castings in the room at one point 50 lb. bag and it definitely would raise the CO 2 in the room ..

I misspoke when I said it was a kit. Looking back on my Amazon orders I can see that I purchased them individually. Sorry for the confusion!

Hydroponics CO2 Regulator Emitter System with Solenoid Valve

CO2Meter RAD-0501 Day Night CO2 Monitor and Controller for Greenhouses, Grey

1666580202484.png

I just started reading up on this topic and decided to try a home made co2 generator, like I did this yesterday so I m JUST seeing the beginning of things, but super easy to do for super cheap. What I used was just a 5 gal water bottle with yeast, warm water and some sugar.......Actually it turns or you can make "hooch" and grow nice healthy plants in the same room!:);) The mixture gasses off co2 at a fairly regular pace so far, thing is I don't have a meter to measure so I don't know the output for sure. All I can do is do a "bubble count" in the gas-off container, from there it gets ran to my circulation fan and dispersed in my flower room. Now after reading more last night they say the co2 in veg causes quick and possible lanky growth which I can see being a benefit to decent growers and maybe I bit of a undesirable effect for a newer grower. Then on the flower side they say it may tighten up the buds, not sure if that a pro or con, guess it depends on the grower and strain. Like stated above, co2 is only necessary when your grow is dialled right in, saying your nutrient levels, temps, humidity, and especially lights/watts. I m up over 1000 in a 8by8 by8 with 4 plants JUST fitting in there when the rooms up and running full out. I took a little break and changed up lighting for temp reasons but it spurred me to jump back in with both feet this time, so just one lonely plant in there now.... soon to have lots of company thou!
Anyway I ll be subbing this thread With out question:)

I misspoke when I said it was a kit. Looking back on my Amazon orders I can see that I purchased them individually. Sorry for the confusion!
Hydroponics CO2 Regulator Emitter System with Solenoid Valven

CO2Meter RAD-0501 Day Night CO2 Monitor and Controller for Greenhouses, Grey
Thanks I might order it, do you run HID and if yes do you do a passive intake, and did it seal your room enough to get a decent ppm I am in a 5×5×7 tent

I just started reading up on this topic and decided to try a home made co2 generator, like I did this yesterday so I m JUST seeing the beginning of things, but super easy to do for super cheap. What I used was just a 5 gal water bottle with yeast, warm water and some sugar.......Actually it turns or you can make "hooch" and grow nice healthy plants in the same room!:);) The mixture gasses off co2 at a fairly regular pace so far, thing is I don't have a meter to measure so I don't know the output for sure. All I can do is do a "bubble count" in the gas-off container, from there it gets ran to my circulation fan and dispersed in my flower room. Now after reading more last night they say the co2 in veg causes quick and possible lanky growth which I can see being a benefit to decent growers and maybe I bit of a undesirable effect for a newer grower. Then on the flower side they say it may tighten up the buds, not sure if that a pro or con, guess it depends on the grower and strain. Like stated above, co2 is only necessary when your grow is dialled right in, saying your nutrient levels, temps, humidity, and especially lights/watts. I m up over 1000 in a 8by8 by8 with 4 plants JUST fitting in there when the rooms up and running full out. I took a little break and changed up lighting for temp reasons but it spurred me to jump back in with both feet this time, so just one lonely plant in there now.... soon to have lots of company thou!
Anyway I ll be subbing this thread With out question:)

I am filling my tank today and i ordered a regulator and monitor off amazon two days ago, hopefully will be here soon

I currently have a very large CO2 Tank, Regulator and a timer, however, I don't have a CO2 Monitor and have not done the math to figure out: 1. how frequently I need to release Co2 for my size room
2. how many seconds per release should be actuated
3. Also - does anyone have the "math formula" to assist in setting up the timer/release device?

thanks,
texasdjj

I use CO2 and get very impressive growth. I too have heard that it doesn't benefit the plant as much during flower, but given the increased light levels during flowering it only stands to reason that the plant can use more.

My natural CO2 level runs around 450ppm and I set the controller to maintain around 1000ppm. I used tubing to run the CO2 to a fan that blew over the tops of the plants.

Check out the CO2Meter RAD-0501 Day Night CO2 Monitor and Controller for Greenhouses on Amazon. Very inexpensive and very effective environmental controls.

Hello Saibot - how did you figure out the "timer release settings" for the Co2 to get you the ppm you desired for your growing area?
texasdjj

I did it at my local hydro shop it's your room square feet then you can figure it out my room is 5' x 5' x 7' and I'm sharing it with a 4' x 3' x 7' and I'm have my flow meter at .8

And then the way it works in my timing for my CO2 is that I have it on for 30 minutes of our and a half and repeat that only during lights on the entire time and that's it

And then the way it works in my timing for my CO2 is that I have it on for 30 minutes of our and a half and repeat that only during lights on the entire time and that's it

Hello BigNugz - could you clarify your response please? I think the "auto correct / speller" got you...
The solenoid valve that I have has two "dials": 1. controls the "amount of time" that the valve is open to release Co2
2. the second dial has an "hour" setting
3. there is also a "pressure level" control that floats a metal ball inside a tube -
I currently have "dial #1" set to 15 seconds
"dial #2" set to turn on every 4 hours
the metal ball float for pressure - I don't remember what the heck that is set at but the ball floats half way up the tube!

I guess, I can buy the Co2 monitor and just experiment with the settings. I have read that TOO MUCH CO2, can be toxic and can kill your plants.
thoughts???

Hello BigNugz - could you clarify your response please? I think the "auto correct / speller" got you...
The solenoid valve that I have has two "dials": 1. controls the "amount of time" that the valve is open to release Co2
2. the second dial has an "hour" setting
3. there is also a "pressure level" control that floats a metal ball inside a tube -
I currently have "dial #1" set to 15 seconds
"dial #2" set to turn on every 4 hours
the metal ball float for pressure - I don't remember what the heck that is set at but the ball floats half way up the tube!

I guess, I can buy the Co2 monitor and just experiment with the settings. I have read that TOO MUCH CO2, can be toxic and can kill your plants.
thoughts???
My regulator only has a flow valve so it's set to .8 on 30 mins off 1.5 hours and repeat til lights go off

I just put this co2 generator together today. I have it in my veg tent. if all goes well I will do the same but with 5 gallon water bottle and use it for my closet also. The closet is where I have my 600 watt light. only cost me $5 for a big jar if yeast and $5 for 10 lbs of sugar. I here a 2liter bottle can last up to 2-3 weeks. we'll see. I used 1 table spoon of yeast and 2 cups of sugar.

I just put this co2 generator together today. I have it in my veg tent. if all goes well I will do the same but with 5 gallon water bottle and use it for my closet also. The closet is where I have my 600 watt light. only cost me $5 for a big jar if yeast and $5 for 10 lbs of sugar. I here a 2liter bottle can last up to 2-3 weeks. we'll see. I used 1 table spoon of yeast and 2 cups of sugar.
420-magazine-mobile713313732.jpg

It does help a lot if you have high temps. I personally have a hard time keeping my room cool. Average temp at night is 70s and during the day with light on idk temp gauge I have don't go over 99. I put a exhale co2 nag in and they seem to be back on track. Can't say it's the same for every case butt it helped me tons

Back
Top Bottom