Is Flushing concidered the same as leaching?

doughboy79

Well hey again folks, hope all is well, i'm doing much better than previously..but i ran into a couple of developments and perhaps i'm just a stickler for words but in the george cervantes indoor bible, he speaks of first flushing with 2 times the amount of water as the container holds (i.e if your using a 5 gallon container your going to use 10 gallons of water, or in my case 2 gallons of water for every 1 gallon growbag) My question is this, Is leaching the same as flushing? because he goes on to state that you continue leaching the soil with a mild nutreint solution...........i'm assuming your going to use half of the recomended dose of your normal regimin? *if your in flower, use half strength bloom fertilizer * does this mean a complete solution *whatever additional additives you usualy use? * or just the fert, thats it? I'm also dealing with a quandry of legal issues, this whole society is going crazy, Ive come into contact with a hydroponic store that openly speaks on growing of canibus..........Legaly of cource with the use of your medical card.....the owner speaks of being able to produce at least one pound per plant......he spoke candidly with me speaking of four pounds per plant......How legit is this? could it really be a kindred spirit selling hydroponic supplies ? a shop owner who is not affraid of legal interactions? He even has a Class that he teaches with the end result in bringing in sample buds of your harvest and taste testing them.........Is this too good to be true? while i do have my medical card i still worry about legal problems......for one, Is his claims of a pound per plant accurate? Hydroponicly of cource.........More over the four pound mark? Or is he just using this as a way of getting eager medical canibus users to buy the expencive products and BSing us to the bank? or maybe a sinister goverment agent using this ploy as a stoner shopkeep to get intell on the local growers and lure us out of hideing? if anyone has some serious forthought into this please let me know, and if you have a indepth explanation on how to leach let me know.........as of today i am just going to use water and cover the tops of the bags with fresh soil,
Doughboy:thanks:

This is what I thought: Look the 2 words up if ur unsure. To my understanding the only difference is it appears that more than water is used in leaching. For instance a nutrient salt leaching solution such as Clearex can be used to leach (flush faster) than water.It is recommended to start flushing within 10 days of harvest.The back of the Clearex bottle states that is can be used up to 3 days b4 harvest. This is my interpretation. I'm open to others if I;m mistaken.
This is what I found: Ok so I looked up the 2 words and the 2 are very similar. Leaching is a slower process that is accomplished by percolation. Flushing is a more rapid process (by definition). Both are done so to remove or extract something.

Back
Top Bottom