Is it time to switch to 12/12?

Here's a side few of the four biggest plants. The front right one is the biggest Purple Haze. The one that would need cropping or LST-ing? (Correpsonds to my diagram: A,B,C,D)

And here is another pic of the biggest purple haze:

And here's a close up of A and B:

And this is the right side, where the Purple Haze is the biggest of the 3. (i.e. E,F,G)

Actually, come to think of it, there is a good reason why this purple haze is not growing as much as the left side. The light I am using was recently changed. They didn't both have apollo 8 lights, but they do now. So I assume that probably boils down to the left side having gotten less light for a few weeks. I know lumens isnt a really good measurement, but I dont know where to get a PAR meter.... I now get average 18000 lumens per plant. I can make it more by lowering the lights. The left side was only getting about 10 000 lumens. But again, not sure if that is a reliable measurement...

PLease feel free to criticise any aspect of my plants. Had I done it earlier, then this would not have happened.

> Do u you have a fan in there? Is air circulating?

Yes, two big fans, one from each side. And one small clip fan in the middle. All three are oscilating. It's like a mini twister in there. I read somewhere the plants "must look like the dance". Apparently it makes the main stem super strong, and it looks like it worked.

I also have a carbon filter in there and an extractor fan. And I have some air blowing in from the bottom through an air duct with a small fan attached on the other side so that air actually gets pushed into the tent. <--- not sure how important this is, becuase it's a pretty lame fan that is blowing air into the room. Would it help if more air was blown in? Or should I aim for less air?

If you know the space between the light at its highest point (plus a gap to prevent burning) and the top of your pots, and you read up on how much stretch to expect from the purple haze, when to flip is subtraction. If the haze doubles during stretch and you only have 36" headroom then you flip at 18". Like that. Then you supercrop the outliers.

Whether you need a dehumidifier depends on the RH of your house!

If you know the space between the light at its highest point (plus a gap to prevent burning) and the top of your pots, and you read up on how much stretch to expect from the purple haze, when to flip is subtraction. If the haze doubles during stretch and you only have 36" headroom then you flip at 18". Like that. Then you supercrop the outliers.

Whether you need a dehumidifier depends on the RH of your house!

What is RH?

And the grow room is basically a basement room under the house. But the two "windows", if you will, are basically just air vents. So there is constant air flowing through the room. And inside the room is the grow tent.

AngryBird, please have a look at these closer up images of the big one:

IMG_0993.jpg

And here is a bit closer:

IMG_0999.jpg

And here's a sort of a top view:

IMG_1002.jpg

And just because this snap looks pretty cool, there's this one too:

IMG_0998.jpg

So now you say you want me to cut this wonderful beast?

You can spread out the pots and tie it down a bit.. She is beautiful :love:
Either you cut just this tiny top like in my plant picture above
Or you open her up slightly. The picture bellow is just the idea, you need to bend her less

I'd prefer to try the bending first. This is my very first grow, so I didnt want to try scrogging, cutting, pruning or any other techniques. Was saving that for round 2. But if I need to do this to save space and there's the added advantage of more colas later, then I'll gladly give it a bash.

Would something like this work:

pulldown.jpg

I.e. Pull down the four main branches. and then when the next four above that appears, also pull them down? Would that work?

Fan leaves are the feeders..
You can separate them by:
from main stem one single stem with just one leaf on it.. (did I manage to make you understand?

Back
Top Bottom