Is my grow room to hot?

Puff420

Hi guys my plants have started sprouting. 1 sprouted about a week ago and was growing. Just two days ago the husk fell off but the leafs under the husk are slightly yellow and a little shrivled and it is bending over slightly it's only about an inch high. The stem seems kinda thin as well it's purplish colour.

The other plan sprouted maybe three days ago and it lost it's husk today. It's stem is slightly thicker and more green and the leafs dont look yellow or shrivled.

The room feels hot. I don't know the temp but I can feel the heat radiate when I open the closet door. Plus my plants seem to dry out kind of quickly???

So I moved the lights up about 2 inches they were about 2 inches from the plant before. I also moved my fan down it was a bigger fan so I had to move the lights that high to make room.

I don't think I am overwatering because I am making sure the soil is pretty dry before I give it water but I am misting the top of the soil.

Any advice?? Will my actions help or is it a gonner? Or am i being to impatient and should i just let it grow? Please help

U Tell Us.

Any advice?? Will my actions help or is it a gonner? Or am i being to impatient and should i just let it grow? Please help
Its hard to say without a picture. If u don't know how to post pics click the "learn to post ur pics here" link in my signature. As far as if ur room's too hot. How'd u expect us to be able to tell if u can't? I suggest getting a cheap hygrometer (measures temp and relative humidity). Do u sweat when U go into ur grow room/closet? What size is ur room? What type of lights u using? Now U see why its hard to answer ur question? Let the plants grow. What harm could it do? Also please read this so we can better assist u with future questions>How to Ask for Grow Support

Re: Is my grow room to hot??

It's like a wave of heat hits me when i open the door. I am using 9 CFL lights. 5 42 watt and 4 25 watt. 7 dalight and 2 soft light. I wouldn't say i sweat but i feel hot and if i were to sit in the closet with the door closed yes i would most likely sweat. The room is about 2ft by 2ft by 6 and a half ft high. But i have a shelf with the lights connected to it so i can raise the high

I plan to get something to measure the temp tommorow. I am using fox farm soil. Sorry for being such a noob but this is my first grow and im trying not to fuk up lol

I will post pics but all i have is my iphone camera and it blows big time

Thanks

Damn, and here I was thinkin iPhones were supposed to be the shit. U don't have to apologize. If u don't know, u don't know. We have an excellent staff and a good bunch of dedicated members always willing to help a fellow grower/member who's trying to help themselves. As for ur problem, think air my friend. Add and exhaust duct and fan to usher out old, hot, stagnant, air. Also an an intake to replace air being removed with fresh cool air. One more thing. Grab an oscillating fan and (gently) train the airflow on ur plants' canopy (as it rotates). This will make it harder for pests and mold spores to settle on foliage as well as strengthen stems and branches. Also check this link out>How to Grow Cannabis - Everything You Need to Know! Anything else just ask.

Hey thanks dude. No Apple knows jack about camera's lol. I Will borrow a digital from my buddy and then take some pics then you can give me an opinion

I am thinking air! lol i can tell it feels HOT! I guess i will have to cut a hole in the closet door and put one in. I'll try and figure something out. Any advice on where to get a good exuast fan to fit in my closet door lol? Im covered on the oscillating fan. Whats the ideal temp for my room and will this hot air kill them quickly?

Damn i need a temp measuring device! Also i've seen these things for your plants that measure how much water they have? They tell you if you need to water or dont have you tried any of these are they any good?

You rock dude

I am thinking air! lol i can tell it feels HOT! I guess i will have to cut a hole in the closet door and put one in. I'll try and figure something out. Any advice on where to get a good exuast fan to fit in my closet door lol?
Check here 1st >420 Magazine - Sponsors. Think u can find most things here.
Whats the ideal temp for my room and will this hot air kill them quickly?

U wanna stay below 85F. I like it between 68F-78F ideally. What ever ur temps, try to keep them from rising and dropping more than 15 degrees in a 24 hr period. This will help keep ur plants from symptoms of environmental stress. I doubt what ur describing would kill them, but it can greatly affect their growth and bud production. U don't fix it and I guarantee that u have a bunch of loose, fluffy or what we call airy buds.
Also i've seen these things for your plants that measure how much water they have? They tell you if you need to water or dont have you tried any of these are they any good?

Sounds like a moisture meter. Nah, u don't need one. Just watch the soil and pay attention to the weight of your pots. When the top 2" or so of soil fell dry, time to water. All of this is in the How to Grow link I sent u earlier.Check it out, b4 askin more questions. Some one took time and effort to compile good info just to help us. I don't think they got paid either. Found this too>https://www.420magazine.com/forums/...ust-oscillating-fan-question.html#comment1382 :peace:

I am thinking air! lol i can tell it feels HOT! I guess i will have to cut a hole in the closet door and put one in. I'll try and figure something out. Any advice on where to get a good exuast fan to fit in my closet door lol? Im covered on the oscillating fan. Whats the ideal temp for my room and will this hot air kill them quickly?

Hey bro..
Your room dimensions are 2x2x6. Thats 24 cf. And you've got 310w of cfl in that space. And have zero ventilation. That sorta climate is very unfriendly to your ladies. Don't worry tho, you can still turn this grow around. I would definitly recommend leaving the door at least cracked during lights on, so some air can get in and out. Heat will accumulate very quickly, especially if you are using brand new bulbs (new bulbs are very hot for the first few days to week of operation).

How many plants do you have. Everyone says the more light the better, and this is very true, but for right now you dont need to have 9 cfls @ 310w going especially with the heat problems. I'd run 2 of the 42s and 2 of the 25s for now, at least until i could get some of the heat managed. Its early on, so if you cant afford to leave that door open, id cut some of those cfls off, just for the time being.

If you have to leave the door closed for security reasons, i'd also leave that fan you have in there off as it will only be recirculating hot air if the door is closed, and will also be adding to the heat depending on how old it is. Try to go in there a few times a day and just open the door at least for a couple minutes so fresh air can get in and some of that hot air can escape.

Definitly pick up a thermometer/hygrometer, and look into ventilation options for your closet. Is a grow tent in the budget? My first grow was in a closet, and while i've seen many ppl pull it off, uhhh my closet wasnt so kind to me lol.

Wow somehow i made it worse within like hours lol. So like i said i raised the lights cut it down to 7 lights put the fan in there closed the door tho left went to a concert. I come back home and ther are both like more shriveled up????

So i was like holy **** so i took your advice Dro took out 2 more lights and now i am leaving then door slightly cracked with the fan blowing in. I fear this first grow atempt might just be that.

Anyone what the hell happened?

Also i have 4 plants the 2 i mentioned another one just barley sprouting and a 4th which i observed poking threw the ground in the morning then when i return from work it was like gone????

Man i must be baked cuz im sure confued

Me too. I normally start with clones. If u don't have a hygrometer put some kinda thermometer in there. I've improvised and used an oral digital thermometer. Just set it flat in the center beneath lights and see what it reads. Other than a temperature problem I can't think of anything else at the moment. One thing to consider, when growing in your (or some1 else's) residence a grower must make a conscious decision. "Do I want to be comfortable or do I want a successful grow/harvest?" With that said, u must keep in mind when ur cold and/or hot "If I turn on the A/C or heater, how will it affect the climate in my grow room?" A lot of people get cold and turn the central heat on without thinking (remember lights generate heat too). When U have good ventilation its a lot less of a problem (although it should always be in the forefront of ur mind). In a grow house, its not about our comfort. Its all about the plants. They will reward u for catering to them in the end.Dunno if its an issue in ur home, but something to consider as a possible problem with the heat. U happen to have attic access in that closet?

Wow somehow i made it worse within like hours lol. So like i said i raised the lights cut it down to 7 lights put the fan in there closed the door tho left went to a concert. I come back home and ther are both like more shriveled up????

So i was like holy **** so i took your advice Dro took out 2 more lights and now i am leaving then door slightly cracked with the fan blowing in. I fear this first grow atempt might just be that.

Anyone what the hell happened?

Also i have 4 plants the 2 i mentioned another one just barley sprouting and a 4th which i observed poking threw the ground in the morning then when i return from work it was like gone????

Man i must be baked cuz im sure confued

With no air moving in and out of your closet, its sorta working like a heat trap, which is made the suggestion to turn some of the bulbs off at least for a few days. As seedlings they are very sensitive to heat, and im betting that your RH is probably low, so thats a double wammy.
try leaving just 1 42 watter, and the 25wers, it should be enough light for now, and the heat should become managable.

Try and mist the ladies a couple times a day as well..

Like I said it definitly isnt too late to turn it around :surf::peace:

Yup, you'll lose some lumens, which is why i said crack the door so that some heat can dissepate, but not lose too many lumens. If you have a shelf above the plants that you can put the fan so it pushes some of the hot air out, then you'll do fine. Becareful once you start to flower tho, because the door being open might be a source of a lightleak, and those are quite detremental during flowering. While you're vegging the cracked door wont be an issue tho and should help.

good luck bro :surf:

Back
Top Bottom