Is this a good fertilizer combination for an outdoor grow?

Phillybonker

Blood & bone, potash, dolomite lime and gypsum. These fertilizers/soil amendments will be added to good quality dark soil that has plenty of worms. I'm guerrilla growing deep in the bush so I had to come up with a fertilizer combination that can be easily carried into the bush through rough terrain. The plants will be going into the ground (not pots or grow bags). I'm experimenting with different fertilizers to see what works best for me and my growing situation.

Is this combination good to use in high quality ground soil and do I need to "cook" it before planting in it?

Is this combination good to use in high quality ground soil and do I need to "cook" it before planting in it?
If it is a good naturally occurring soil then it might not need anything added to it which means less that has to be hauled into the bush.

If you do have to amend the soil then mix the amendments into the soil. Then remove some soil with the amendments from the center and replace with some of the naturally occurring soil without the extras. The plants will take awhile to push their roots into the amended soil which is slowly "cooking". Seems to me that there was someone on this msg board that did that sort of thing but I have not noticed him being around for a few years.

If it is a good naturally occurring soil then it might not need anything added to it which means less that has to be hauled into the bush.

If you do have to amend the soil then mix the amendments into the soil. Then remove some soil with the amendments from the center and replace with some of the naturally occurring soil without the extras. The plants will take awhile to push their roots into the amended soil which is slowly "cooking". Seems to me that there was someone on this msg board that did that sort of thing but I have not noticed him being around for a few years.
That's a great idea!! I've only got five weeks to "cook" the soil so I'll try this idea.

Back
Top Bottom