Is this a good soil alternative for indoor? Coco peat 60% coir 40%, perlite 20%

IMG_20240408_005257.jpg
What the best way to salvage this... I pulled off the bad leaves so it's gotten slightly worse in last 2 days but Nilly totally dried out, I pulled out out you can see the roots gone orange brown towards the bottom, so not totally effected and even through they all show signs of root rot in the leaves there ok, I've had far worse hence the careful watering ect ( yes I should have never used potting mix, I switched from water to dirt in a hurry never thought it through as wife crook) so now in a day or 2 I assume I'll see drooping then I'll water maybe 200 ml per plant, I'm going to add beneficial bacterial powder I hope this helps also someone recommend seasol (seaweed fertilizer) as a medical repair, I also have some old Dr Repair from Cyco so how do I approach this next water as this will be the last chance to either fix or f it you know it's week 5 in flower worst time for this issues...
Cheers 👍

I'm assuming the 3 gallon fabric pot I have will work well with that mix, I also like my 2 Gallon plastic pots, they seem to give a better root system over the short term and I'm more inclined to use them ... Thoughts..

Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
For simplicity soil is better.
But I'm a huge Coco fan.
Coco is similar to hydroponic grows though.
You have to feed every day full strength nutrients with calmag at 5.8 ph.
If you can it's very productive.
Here is an Apple Betty I grew outside, fed over 270 times.

Jher in coco aswell.

Coco @Bill284 Method

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Hi Bill,

I'm getting ready to start my first outdoor grow and I'm wondering what the purpose is of your greenhouse please?

Hi Bill,

I'm getting ready to start my first outdoor grow and I'm wondering what the purpose is of your greenhouse please?
I'm in Northern Ontario.
It's cold and wet most of the time.
The greenhouse keeps the rain out and slows the bugs a little. Just slows them.
But it gives me better environmental controls.
Rh and temp.
I also have the option to use lights in there.
It just makes growing outside a little more bearable.
I bought a garage from Costco and use it in the summer as a greenhouse and winter as a garage.
Helpful. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I'm in Northern Ontario.
Rh and temp.
I bought a garage from Costco and use it in the summer as a greenhouse and winter as a garage.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
I like the idea of having more options and some improvement with pests. Hmmm . . . Now I want a greenhouse. Lol Thanks for explaining this. 🙏☮️

I'm in Northern Ontario.
Rh and temp.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Brilliant

Yeh very nice... Where I am it's hot in summer and I struggle with heat only just within the range at times I have to shut down, I have outside air intake ect but in summer the air temp can at times get in the mis 30s C. So it's a struggle summer is only just able to grow, this is southern east Australia so I'm not even in the hot part thankfully but yeh heat is a real problem, 400w ducted is the best option, I've tried everything from led to CMH, it seems 320 w led the best, for veg, with a 4-5 C difference from ambient temperature outside, CMH is approx 6 degrees Celsius above ambient temperature so there totally out of the question in summer, I use as a finisher UV bulb, the hps is the coolest at 3 degrees c approximately more than the intake, so hps is the best for this environment at flower time, I also found it to be superior over the other 2 for this time.. just som random information to share

I run very powerful centrifugal fans one intake with prefilter and one larger one with internal and external carbon filters, I need to maintain negative pressure to eliminate any smell escape, this system is automatic and set to whatever temp usually the min temp for the gro period due to the heat, now once we get to this time of the year it starts cooling fast but still winter is only about 6 C so I put a tarp over to keep heat in. Just more random information hopefully help someone 👍

I'm in Northern Ontario.
Rh and temp.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Unreal setup just brilliant but how do you keep the heat in when snowing and what about light population do you cover it at night just wondering is all

I assume cal mag buffered means no need to add extra but what about at the other end of the gro will it deplete fast🤔

IMG_20240409_165242.jpg

Unreal setup just brilliant but how do you keep the heat in when snowing and what about light population do you cover it at night just wondering is all
Good morning my friend. :ciao:
In September & October I close all the vents and install heaters.
Not ideal but no choice.
It's not great for the rh , doing it that way.
Constant battle.
And it was visible from space on a clear night.
No cover.
I have a different idea for this summer.
But we will see what happens.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Good morning my friend. :ciao:
In September & October I close all the vents and install heaters.
Not ideal but no choice.
It's not great for the rh , doing it that way.
Constant battle.
And it was visible from space on a clear night.
No cover.
I have a different idea for this summer.
But we will see what happens.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Yeh right amazing mate

I assume cal mag buffered means no need to add extra but what about at the other end of the gro will it deplete fast🤔

IMG_20240409_165242.jpg
Coco attracts calmag from the girls.
Actually drains it right out of them.
So at first this might be enough but as you mentioned it will deplete.
Calmag helps with nutrient uptake and helps the girls thrive.
I use it in my plain water first then add nutrients every time I mix nutrients.
I recommend using it after the first week of life in coco. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Coco attracts calmag from the girls.
Actually drains it right out of them.
So at first this might be enough but as you mentioned it will deplete.
Calmag helps with nutrient uptake and helps the girls thrive.
I use it in my plain water first then add nutrients every time I mix nutrients.
I recommend using it after the first week of life in coco. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Ok great thanks mate I'll grab a bottle

Back
Top Bottom