Is this mold?

mk2SMOKEY

Please help,hello again everyone.i have posted this on my content aswell,
I think i have got mould on my top cola of my FC,i'm not 100% but i'm pretty sure it's mould,that's the onlt place it seems to be after checking all over both plants,
Could anyone tell me what to do,if i should chop the top off at the line please,1st grow so i'm not sure if i can just chop it off.Day65 i think.Thank you

6796B519-2EFB-4046-8B59-6EE64121EE40.jpeg

9B8C6744-848D-4824-9676-23697DD5F9FC.jpeg

E91D459E-75CC-48CE-BB9B-F9519017A016.jpeg

9A5F0B4B-CC2D-4012-9EF3-632F51F6D8A4.jpeg

Be careful not to touch other parts of the plant after handling mold areas. Also be careful with falling spores when cutting and removing.

Bummer that plant looks amazing but that white fuzzy does appear to be mould. Definitely chop it off and keep an eye on the rest. Just triple check before cutting but white fuz like that, I'd say mould
Hello thank you for the reply,i have double checked all of her and is only the very very top,i have since snipped off the top/wiped all tent down inside including light/inlinefan/trays/cables and wires.i have ordered another fan to put in there and some small dehumidifiers to hang in tent,i don't expect much off these but should do more than leaving it imo.I was so sad when i saw this but at least it something under my knowledge now.Thank you

Be careful not to touch other parts of the plant after handling mold areas. Also be careful with falling spores when cutting and removing.
Hello stinker lol (nice name),thank you for your comment,i took a couple of pic's then thought crap get gloves and mask on asap.Stupid of me realy thinking it might be mould and just messing with it with bare hands(lesson learned).I wore gloves and managed to get my hoover pipe dangleing over plant as i snipped the top off,i don't know wether it actualy work to my intensions and catch any escaping mould particles as i snip snip snipped.Thanks again for your reply

Put a bag over it before you chop to keep the mold contained.

Just had a thought... would vinegar water kill any spores? I'm thinking after eradicating a quick spray may help?<--just thinking out loud here.
Hello Bob,thanks for the reply.
I was thinking of spraying some sort of pestaside/mould killer on her but i'm not sure i can without killing her.From what i have looked up is that your not supposed to put any liquid on the actual buds when in mid/late bloom(don't know if this is 100% correct but i didn't want to take the chance.It's my first attempt at it and i've had some realy helpful advice already due to me doing neary everything your not supposed to do,but the help i've recieved has kept them going.Would like to know if it's possible to spray or not,Thanks again

Looks like you're doing great, stuff happens.
I'm relatively new to growing so I too are learning. It would be good to know what might kill the spores so I asked.

My outdoor plants have seen plenty of nothing but rain and very cold weather since I started budding them... I would think a little spray would not be the worse they've seen.

Looks like you're doing great, stuff happens.
I'm relatively new to growing so I too are learning. It would be good to know what might kill the spores so I asked.

My outdoor plants have seen plenty of nothing but rain and very cold weather since I started budding them... I would think a little spray would not be the worse they've seen.
Hell again Bob.Thanks for the comments.
I always thought since reading about not putting liquid on buds is that it's not the case in nature,it rains and cold/hot weather so not 100% as i say.
I just gave everything a wipe down with bacterial wipes,the only thing that didn't get wiped was the actual leds on my light lol.
From what i have look up is that some mould is realy hard to kill with sprays so probly best to use a realy strong uvc light(i think it will break there dna somehow but i'm not 100% on this either).
Could you use a uvc light in the drying process or will it defeat the object of darkness??

H2O2 is excellent for killing off mould, you could even dunk the cola you took off in H2O2 now and it would clean it
The worry is that it may spread and ruin the plant, so I'd chance a very light, fine mist with H2O2 solution to be killing off any residual spores
Don't know if you bud wash after harvest, but if you do add some H2O2 to eliminate the risk of rot while curing

H2O2 is excellent for killing off mould, you could even dunk the cola you took off in H2O2 now and it would clean it
The worry is that it may spread and ruin the plant, so I'd chance a very light, fine mist with H2O2 solution to be killing off any residual spores
Don't know if you bud wash after harvest, but if you do add some H2O2 to eliminate the risk of rot while curing
Hello Growings,i didn't want to put anything on there and kill her,not sure what i could do so i just snipped and wipped lol,only time will tell if it comes back(HOPEFULY NOT).
I was going to chop plants ,take everything out tent except inline fan and oiso fan,do a wet trim and hang in tent at hopefuly 20c+40%-50%humid for about 2weeks then into grove bags.With my trim i am going to try and bubblehash it ,got a bubble dude machine to try and then hopefuly put in nug smasher,got a nug machine the same time i brought bubble machine lol,thought it would be worth ago cause i haven't tried rosin.
Anybody had any experience in using these machines

Back
Top Bottom