Uh oh: Is this mold?

Just looked over again and honestly can’t see anything else at-all. I’ve done a thorough search.

In that 2nd pic those curled in leaves kinda look like russet mites or hemp mites. Just putting that out there - someone with more experience may be triggered by that comment. Don’t freak but I’d snip a leaf or two and scope away, can’t hurt to look.
So I looked again today and one of the previous buds that had bud rot had some more so I cut that off and have sprayed with a bud rot solution I bought at my local hydro shop however the lights go out in 4 hours and I think I sprayed a bit too much and now i'm worried it's going to be too wet and the lights won't dry it in time before they go off and i'm gonna have even more rot issues!!! I am not around this weekend as I have commitments but i'm thinking of just cancelling them and staying home to cut these down so I don't lose any more. I only have maybe a week before cut anyway so they're not going to swell up anymore. I'd rather lose 5% extra growth than lose a larger percentage through budrot!

I have a herb dryer rack, when I cut the plants down I usually cut them into buds and put them straight into the herb dryer rack. If I do this would you recommend spraying some of the bud rot spray on them to ensure they don't rot when drying? Or is that asking for even more trouble?

I have a herb dryer rack, when I cut the plants down I usually cut them into buds and put them straight into the herb dryer rack. If I do this would you recommend spraying some of the bud rot spray on them to ensure they don't rot when drying? Or is that asking for even more trouble?
I have never experienced bud rot personally, and knock on wood that I never do. I remember ,years back, watching growers spray entire crops with a food grade hydrogen peroxide, pretty sure it was preventative measures. Not sure what is in your bud rot spray but I wouldn't want it on my drying buds no matter what it is. If the rot is present the spray won't make it go away, and you don't want to be smoking any of the rot. :ganjamon:

A0D2AC89-7549-42AD-9D79-2FB962BCA4FE.jpeg

5AFB5147-BD63-4CA3-998B-38E1D7A4EEC5.jpeg
B0FD476F-2A68-43E0-A734-8E050EBD8CC0.jpeg

can’t tell if these buds I cut down the other day that are drying are now mouldy too or if I’m just being paranoid.

The buds look great in the pics. Guess the only way to tell is to let the dry , when you break them open it should be obvious. I would think the drying process would slow and then stop the mold from spreading. It just sucks all around, hope it isn't any worse then what you have already found. :ganjamon:
Yeah as said I think it’s a bit of paranoia, I’m gonna cancel my weekend plans and start the chop today, it’s not worth the additional stress of thinking “what if there’s more rot etc” all the time for the sake of an extra 3% of growth/swell over the next week. Rather just take it down now and begin the drying process and avoid any further rot! As said conditions were perfect. Between 45-50% RH. Extraction fan and oscillating fan set up in the correct positions, lots of circulation so I’m not sure if it’s the strain maybe. Here’s hoping everything goes well from the cut!

Back
Top Bottom